pyment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmallory

Junior
Reaction score
I have thirty pounds of grapes and I don't what variety they are. I want to make 5 gallons of pyment. How much honey do I use?

Between 12-15 lbs for a 5 gallon batch. Not knowingwhat type of grape you have is a problem though as some are very high in acid which should be diluted and some should not be diluted as youll throw it way out of balance(PH). Are they wild and can you post a picture of the grape and maybe the vine it grew on so possibly someone can identify it, also tell uswher you live by adding tis to the User CP area near the top right side of your screen. It will be under location once you open that area.

Welcome aboard. Just wanted to welcome you to the forums. Wade pretty well answered your question. I base my meads on 3 pounds honey per gallon.

I generally use i qt of honey added to a gallon of juice and then use lalvin 1118. used concord graps the i picked locally last year and will pick again this weekend. turned out fine

technically as long as more than 50% of your fermentable sugar comes from the honey, its mead.

you definitely want at least 1.5 lbs per gallon of mead being made.

grape type

I wanted to post some info on the grape to see if anyone could help i.d. it. I live in Albuquerque, hot and dry, lots of sunshine, and the grape seems to be doing well. It is a red grape with one seed. They are between nickle to quarter size. Let me know if that narrows down the varieties it could be. Thanks.

Are they very hard to break open? Do they taste foxy, do you have a digital camera?

Latest posts

Back