Put up or ? I got myself a vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are too kind. I will say that even though I buy grapes (for the most part) from commercial vineyards, I’m still often disappointed with the fruit. Now I will only have the person in the mirror to complain to. Another shot on how close the vines are to the barn, 12 rows total.
7020A112-15FB-4AFA-B609-BAEC1ED70AB9.jpeg

You guys are too kind. I will say that even though I buy grapes (for the most part) from commercial vineyards, I’m still often disappointed with the fruit. Now I will only have the person in the mirror to complain to. Another shot on how close the vines are to the barn, 12 rows total.
View attachment 75540
Wow, that looks awesome. Best of luck to you!

Nice shop did you build your own door pulls? They look real cool!
Yes, the pulls are fashioned after our winery “ branding”, K&K for Ken and Kathi, my better for 37 years.

A bigger look at the space. With so many moving parts, bits and pieces, I'm thinking of making some shelves with doors to hide all this stuff when not in use. With lumber prices, I'm sure it will cost $$$, but I'd like this to also be a place we can hang out, drink wine and not just a work space.
54587C18-7BC3-4174-BEA7-E690A85A2F57.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I got three projects. All have been sitting after I moved here. Had too much to do to get back to them. A 32 chevy, ground up build is about 60% done, a 40 chevy PU, and a 60 chevy 2dr station wagon, that I used to drag race fourty years ago. Don't think I'll live long enough to finish them, at this rate!

Yes, the pulls are fashioned after our winery “ branding”, K&K for Ken and Kathi, my better for 37 years.

A bigger look at the space. With so many moving parts, bits and pieces, I'm thinking of making some shelves with doors to hide all this stuff when not in use. With lumber prices, I'm sure it will cost $$$, but I'd like this to also be a place we can hang out, drink wine and not just a work space.
View attachment 77066

With all the potential for that space will you be keeping the original cold box for sentimental reasons?

I am so envious of your setup. I'm curious if you're going to build a separation between the horse quarters and the wine making operation. Our horses generate a lot of dust and other stuff I would want to keep separate from the wine making.

With all the potential for that space will you be keeping the original cold box for sentimental reasons?
I'll see how it goes. It wouldn't take much to just build another room and have the AC unit direct the hot air outside. But right now, the daily temps are over 100 degrees, so I couldn't skip a day without the box and 75 gallons of wine.

I am so envious of your setup. I'm curious if you're going to build a separation between the horse quarters and the wine making operation. Our horses generate a lot of dust and other stuff I would want to keep separate from the wine making.
Very good point. The Mrs. has asked the same thing, so I don't disturb her horses and chickens with the stuff I will be doing. The horse(s) will not be moved to the property until after the grape season, but I could see that this is something I need to think about.

Back