pumps?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jburtner

Reaction score
Hi, I am researching different wine pump products and am interested in a must pump... To move must say from a primary into a carboy... Then back out after several weeks....

Interested in other pumps for moving wines and maybe even expanded vacuum pump options...

Anyone have experience with pumps that can move must?

Thanks!
-johann

Hi, I am researching different wine pump products and am interested in a must pump... To move must say from a primary into a carboy... Then back out after several weeks....

Interested in other pumps for moving wines and maybe even expanded vacuum pump options...

Anyone have experience with pumps that can move must?

Thanks!
-johann

When you refer to moving must, are you thinking crushed grape must full of skins and seeds, or just the relatively solid-free wine resulting from the fermentation?

I'm thinking the crushed grape skin/seed/wine mixture... Probably a large'ish tube to move it too... Nothing really large scale but small to medium scale home to boutique winemaker grade... If that exists ?

Cheers!
-johann

It requires a minimum of a 2" hose to pump must. Three inch would be better. It would not work with a carboy.

On another note, I would never put solids into a carboy, only pressed juice or wine. It would be such a pain to get back out. You may want to think about a bucket, brute container or other open fermenter for fermenting must.

Latest posts

Back