Pump Recommendations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeycannoli

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wanted to get some recommendations on a pump for transfers / racking. I have three variable tanks sitting on a 3 ft high shelf. All variable tanks have ball valves for easy gravity transfer to vessels on the ground. I am doing about 150 gallons of wine this year so lifting the vessels on the ground to the shelf isn't an option. I need a pump that can transfer the wine UPWARD back to vessels on the shelf.

I would like something that is self-primed, has a decent GPM rate and that introducing as little air as possible. Any recommendations out there?

I use the allinonewinepump.com but I'm still not sure you can use it for your setup, you need to ask Steve he is @vacuumpumpman here

AIO is very easy to use, id highly recommend it. You can also do your bottling with it.

Since the AIO is a vacuum pump, I doubt you would want to use it to transfer into a variable tank. What do you consider a “decent” GPM? I’ve got a sureflo that I think is ok, but there are pumps that are 4X faster.

Since the AIO is a vacuum pump, I doubt you would want to use it to transfer into a variable tank. What do you consider a “decent” GPM? I’ve got a sureflo that I think is ok, but there are pumps that are 4X faster.

Would like to get at least 5GPM but I guess I will have to weight GPM vs cost. Basically the most important factor is that its self-priming and I can pump out of barrels, vats, etc with no issues.

I have no problem pumping from 1 tank to another, I made a racking tube out of 3/4 PVC connect to the 4' vinyl hose, and another discharge tube connected to a 4' vinyl hose, I do pour some wine into the intake hose before I connect it, pulls a prime and pumps like a champ. I have (3) SSVC tanks 2-150lt and 1 250Lt and (1)30 gallon french oak barrel that I transfer wine to and from. I was looking at a few other pumps but they were 2400rpm vs this 1400rpm and they were about 5.4 gpm vs 14gpm also this is a 1" ID discharge and intake not 3/4".

Latest posts

Back