Pruning done

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood1954

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished pruning the vineyard. Always amazed at how much growth has to be pruned away. Next step is applying lime sulfur mix Once the temp rises. I’m going to try to keep each plant to 60 clusters , last year I let each plant keep every cluster and the wine turned out ok but I think it will be better limiting the productivity. Winter is winding down, found a tick on my dog today.

Finished pruning the vineyard. Always amazed at how much growth has to be pruned away. Next step is applying lime sulfur mix Once the temp rises. I’m going to try to keep each plant to 60 clusters , last year I let each plant keep every cluster and the wine turned out ok but I think it will be better limiting the productivity. Winter is winding down, found a tick on my dog today.
Sold my farm, no pruning this year, I always enjoyed pruning as spring, new growth, and new ideas for this year's crop is just around the corner. I am replanting a new vineyard in May. So hopefully all works out.

Back