Other Protocol for creating Sparkling Wine via bottle carbing...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, if you are happy with a low level of carbonation, it might work.

Some carbonation basics; there are three things to consider here - the expected level of carbonation is achieved by the applied pressure at a given temperature. (less pressure is needed to reach a given level of carbonation as temperature drops)

In the video, he mentions 10 psi which would give him ~2,5% if we assume he had a temperature of 2C/36F when force carbonating. I apply 40 psi at a temperature that gives me ~5,5% CO2. Neither of the two methods he shows, would work at my carbonation level. Besides, all that foaminng he has is nothing but loss of carbonation. Anyway, if you have a keg and a beer tap, try it. You might like it. ;-)

Here a short video (filling beer) by the guy who built the filler I have (notice the foaming without counter pressure in the beginning):

Like I said, if you are happy with a low level of carbonation, it might work.

Some carbonation basics; there are three things to consider here - the expected level of carbonation is achieved by the applied pressure at a given temperature. (less pressure is needed to reach a given level of carbonation as temperature drops)

In the video, he mentions 10 psi which would give him ~2,5% if we assume he had a temperature of 2C/36F when force carbonating. I apply 40 psi at a temperature that gives me ~5,5% CO2. Neither of the two methods he shows, would work at my carbonation level. Besides, all that foaminng he has is nothing but loss of carbonation. Anyway, if you have a keg and a beer tap, try it. You might like it. ;-)

Here a short video (filling beer) by the guy who built the filler I have (notice the foaming without counter pressure in the beginning):

Do you cork your sparkling vino immediately after filling a bottle....to minimize carbonation loss? Ie) fill/cork, fill/cork or do you fill multiple bottles & cork in batches

Do you cork your sparkling vino immediately after filling a bottle....to minimize carbonation loss? Ie) fill/cork, fill/cork or do you fill multiple bottles & cork in batches
I cork immediately after filling a bottle. Actually, as quickly as possible after removing the bottle from the filler, sometimes I remove the bottle too quickly from from the filler (did someone mention patience?). That is, before the wine in the bottle has stabilized again. Then you really have to cork quickly :) .

On a side note, if you're handy, you could build a set up like this:

I cork immediately after filling a bottle. Actually, as quickly as possible after removing the bottle from the filler, sometimes I remove the bottle too quickly from from the filler (did someone mention patience?). That is, before the wine in the bottle has stabilized again. Then you really have to cork quickly :) .

On a side note, if you're handy, you could build a set up like this:

It's amazing to me that I can spend 15 minutes watching a guy carbonate and fill bottles.

Even more shocking is the fact that I am pretty tempted to spend some money so I can try. This is not what I expected from my life. 😆

It's amazing to me that I can spend 15 minutes watching a guy carbonate and fill bottles.

Even more shocking is the fact that I am pretty tempted to spend some money so I can try. This is not what I expected from my life. 😆
I understand fully 🍾

Latest posts

Back