ProRestart Uvaferm 43

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lara Hart

Junior
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to using this for sparkling wine. Can someone please tell me if there is evidence that it's active? I rehydrated according to the instructions, but they still look like "beads". Should I see anything different? I've searched the forums and only found some similar questions. Thanks for any help! :)

Yes. Active yeast hydrating for innoculstion is determined by visual confirmation.

You would see some foaming or bubbling at the surface. And the yeasties rising and dropping as the foaming increases.
UvaFerm43 is typically used to restart a stuck fermentation. I used it once before and hydrated it before an attempted restart.
I also recall the foaming not being significant and second guessing if it was working or not.

Hmmm, so how can I know that it's active? There is no foaming/ bubbling happening. Any ideas? Thanks so much for responding.

Thank you, SourGrapes, that is exactly what I used. I rehydrated the yeast about 4 days ago. I waited 12 hours to innoculate the bottles. I just wish I knew if there were tell tale signs of activity.

Well, the good news is that it actually does work! LOL. The bad news is that I opened a bottle this morning (expecting still wine) and it shot up like a geyser, thus wasting a bottle. LOL I was having to mop it off my ceiling and cabinets. Next time, I will chill the bottle before opening. And just as I was typing this, I had another bottle pop its cork! I didn't have it wired down all the way apparently. I just checked the others to make sure.

Latest posts

Back