Prime 2-day Shipping. A thing of the past?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
I ordered something off of Amazon last Tuesday. It was listed as Prime with 2-day shipping and was showing an estimated delivery date of today. I figured it was an error of some sort and got on with my order. It didn't ship until yesterday, and will be delivered tomorrow. My son just asked me to look at an elbow guard for him. Interestingly, this is also Prime and shows '2-day shipping' with an guaranteed delivery next week. Anyone else seeing this recently?

Prime.JPG

We probably have 3-4 Amazon packages a week between me and Mrs IB. 90% arrive in the 2 day window as advertised. When they don't Amazon does not seem to give you any reason up front. Have never called to complain or see what caused the delay. For us its still easier/faster than a 80 mile RT to Santa Fe. Perhaps the import tariffs are starting to effect the supply chains?

I quit Prime earlier this year over this issue. It used to be that if you order before say Tuesday 6 pm or so, it would be there Thursday. Then last year Thursday became Friday and they only counted whole days. Then that became unreliable. The only good news is that if it didn't come when they said and you can find where to complain they always either refunded me what the cost of the shipping would have been or extended my Prime for a month. Given their change in '2 day' shipping and then when I found out how many $billions were made just on Prime membership I said screw 'em. Back to Wally World or accept that I'll pay per order for Amazon to ship and wait 2 weeks to get it.

I hate amazon and refuse to order anything from them, I think ive bought one item from them since they started as a company.

I order tens of thousands of dollars of stuff from Amazon each year for work. I love prime.
We always get stuff within 2 days, sometimes next day. I even did same day once (near Toronto).
Where we are they use a courier to deliver usually, I get an e-mail a couple hours before delivery telling me something like "driver David has your package, and you are #17 on his route."

I absolutely distrust Amazon. I've read hundreds of reviews for all sorts of brand name products that say what they received is a cheap knockoff and not the real McCoy. The only things I will buy from Amazon are cheap generic items that you expect to originate in China or Japan. I'd rather buy from Wally World where I can take it back at no cost if the item turns out to be garbage. Amazon has people duped into thinking they're getting a good deal when, in fact, you can find most items much cheaper at other sites.

My real motivation for subscribing to prime is the videos you get with your kindle. If I also get free shipping (even if it is not 2 day shipping) is just a bonus.

"The Marvelous Mrs Maisel" just won 8 emmy awards and is a amazon original series.

Latest posts

Back