Primary fermenter help!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found. 6.5 primary fermenter in town weirdly difficult to order wine kits to canada not sure why, will keep my eye out for a good cad site
Thanks again everyone for all the imput

If you're a Costco member keep an eye on their online store. Evidently they sell wine kits in some warehouses but we have never seen them in SK or BC. The online store sells them with delivery included. When they put the kits on sale they are a serious bargain. I got a couple of Argentia Ridge 46 litre kits earlier this fall for $89 per kit. The white kits are just barely into carboys now and the red kits are still fermenting so its too early to say what the quality is like but they look good so far.

Where in Canada are you? In Ontario brew your own places are everywhere both RJS and Vineco(winexpert) are Canadian companies, find one close by and they can order whatever you like. For a Canadian site for equipment and stuff try Canadian Homebrew Supplies
Middle of nowhere MB thanks for the link! ive saved to my notes. Im greener than I thought. came home excited to see bubbling,,,no water in my airlock😬 probably ruined my first batch newb level 1000

If you're a Costco member keep an eye on their online store. Evidently they sell wine kits in some warehouses but we have never seen them in SK or BC. The online store sells them with delivery included. When they put the kits on sale they are a serious bargain. I got a couple of Argentia Ridge 46 litre kits earlier this fall for $89 per kit. The white kits are just barely into carboys now and the red kits are still fermenting so its too early to say what the quality is like but they look good so far.
I see these today online!! if i can figure this home brew thing out I’ll try the costco kits for sure!!!

no water in my airlock😬 probably ruined my first batch newb level 1000

Don't sweat it. Most of us perform the most of the fermentation in an open bucket, maybe a towel over it to keep out bugs. No need to airlock until you move to a glass carboy when fermentation is closer to finished.

Back