WineXpert Primary empty no more

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
After a depressing day yesterday when I realized there was empty primaries, I decided to deal with the withdrawal symptoms and drive to Winexpert today. I needed filter pads for my mini jet(ya good reason)They had a returned(old)Montagnac Vieux Chateaud 'Oc Kit they sold me for $60. It is also discontinued. I'm gambling here with a 2 year old kit, then they gave me a 3 year old Pinot Grigio kit and said not to complain if its bad because it was free. That by it self made it a great wine make day but the recycle bin behind my Favorite Italian joint had 16 clear empty bottles. I was going to put my Strawberry in clear next week and now I have enough. That makes it a killer wine makers day:p

WOW?
May be a great deal. Toss the yeast and use fresh. Let us know how it looks / smells when you open it and if good how it's fermenting. :try

Changed yeast used Red Pasture instead of the 1118, juice was fine, grape skins were fine will pitch yeast as soon as the temp is up(in next hour). Havent opened the Pinot Gri yet. Save it for first batch of new year. Maybe I'll mess with it alot, it was free. Any suggestion on what might mix with it well(Artic, never mind I any mixing Welches anything with it)

Back