Pretty Bubbles!!!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepingchick

**Domestic Goddess**
Reaction score
anyone get really worried after two days in the primary and no bubbles !!!!

all i could think was Holy Crap ive just ruined 50 bucks LOL!

a long drive to the wine store later and im on my way back home with new yeast.
pitched it and after just one hour ........

I HAVE BUBBLES!!!!!

the most georgous beautiful bubbles EVER!! LMAO!!!!

****Happy Dancing All Over the House*******

no seriously i AM DANCING lol.....makes it hard to type hehehehehehe

I know the feeling. You just started a new hobby and believe you know enough to do this and "how come it's not bubbling?" Son Of A ^$@(*!

Of course it's on a day that the wine shop is closed. No one you know can answer your questions so what do you do??????????????????

You join Wine Making Talk .com

A ton of information at your finger prints.

How much k-meta dod you add at first and how long did you wait before adding the yeast and did you hydrate the yeast? Im very glad its going now but have only ever had 1 batch of wine that didnt start from something I did t do. I did screw up 2 batches myself though when switching from campden tablets to powder and sulfited the ever living crap out of 2 batches, maybe now knowing what I know now I could have saved them possibly but I added about 10 x the amount of sulfite that should have been added! But other then those 2 it was a kit that contained a bad batch of Lavin EC 1118 and everyone was having this same problem.

used 3 campden tabs as per instructions, and then waited 24 hours as per instrusctions.......i think my dining room was just to cold!! the must was staying between 70 and 73 so i dunno......all is well tho, i made it to the store in time and it is now bubbling away!!! this is my first time to ever not have fermentation and i was freaking out!!!!

oh and i used a white labs sweet mead wine yeast......it was my first time using white labs......dont think ill go back there .....i got it going usuing the lavlin 1118 and am very pleased!! i also moved a portable heaster beside it and brought the temp to 78 ...moved it back a bit and its now about 75 this morning

Hopefully you picked up a few extra packets of yeast to keep in the fridge.
:)

Wait till you graduate to doing 10 juice pails at once. What a SMELL !
:se

i picked up 5 extra packets and they are in the fridge!!! and its blackerry!!! it tastes to good NOW i cant wait for the final prodct!

Latest posts

Back