Pressing/Grinding Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineforfun

Still Trying To Make The Perfect Wine and Now Tryi
Reaction score
Had a great day at Dale's ( @knifemaker ) on Saturday. Thanks again for the invite. We ground pears and apples. He has a very cool setup with his grinder.

I ended up with 6 gal. of pear juice and 3 gal. of apple juice. I think Dale ended up with close to 5-6 gal. of pear juice. We would have kept going with the apples except the bees found us and they started accumulating rapidly. Dale took one for the team with a sting to the finger.

This juice was excellent. We measured both pear and apple right at SG 1.050 from just the fruit.

Resized_20160910_104442.jpg

Resized_20160910_104458.jpeg

Resized_20160910_105611.jpg

Glad you could join in DJ, I'm so sorry for the multitude of little visitors that joined in, we had to finish the rest after dark when the uninvited guests went back home:db

LMAO I have one of those french fry cutters. I never thought of using it for fruit.

Runningwolf, it works slicker than he!! If you've got enough help, one is washing the apples then handing then to the apple slicer, one feeding the grinder, and one running the press. We can get through a load of fruit in a hurry. It's a lot easier on the disposal as it's easier to grind them. We didn't have one time where the disposal got hot and tripped out. It saves a boatload of time slicing them with a knife. I think it would work well if you weren't going to grind and press them, and just ferment on the fruit. Dale.

Latest posts

Back