Power juicer instead of steam juicer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartman

Reaction score
Even though my search for "power juicer" turned up nothing, I suspect this has been asked before...

Can I use a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer in lieu of a steam juicer? Without getting into the technicalities I read about on the internet, it appears they both accomplish the same goal of preparing fruit for making wine, albeit in different ways.

So, is there a reason *not* to use this power juicer that I was given for free? (the price was right even if it won't work for wine...)

Thanks in advance...

Generally the power juicers juice up everything. Just throw it in and juice it up. I would be worried about releasing too many compounds such as tannins and anthocyanin from chewing up the seeds. If you were careful what you juiced, I suppose it could be used.

Dang, that was a *fast* response. Thanks,
smiley4.gif

Yea I agree. You can get bitterness from seeds and others.. well lets say I don't want that in me.
I have a steam juicer and I never regretted getting it.

Get you a Steamer/Juicer Bart. You will love it. If you want to try one out before buying one, you just pay the feight and I will ship mine to you and let you give it a tryout.

Waldo said:
Get you a Steamer/Juicer Bart. You will love it. If you want to try one out before buying one, you just pay the feight and I will ship mine to you and let you give it a tryout.

What a DEAL!!
smiley32.gif

I have one and use it all the time. You will love it if you make fruit wines.

I also think that power juicers make the apple and pear juice turn brown right away. A steam juicer makes a pretty juice, which, IMHO will make a prettier wine.

Latest posts

Back