Potatoes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
If you have never fermented potatoes before.......dont. It is the foulest smelling thing I ever added yeast too. Smells like 1 am drunk barf:sh

LOL, Mike thanks for the laugh. I love it when other's post fermentation's gone bad. We all have stories to tell like my Candy Cane wine. I'm glad you never put this bug into Arcticsids head. Could you imagine him making this in his small cabin in the middle of the winter up there in Fairbanks.

I'm pretty sure onions could give it a run for the money. I've never slapped an airlock on something that fast before or since....

I'm pretty sure onions could give it a run for the money. I've never slapped an airlock on something that fast before or since....

Ok,
this now begs the question:
why would you be fermenting onions?

Put them in a pan, sauteee them and slap them on a grilled steak! :ft

Last edited:
If you have never fermented potatoes before.......dont. It is the foulest smelling thing I ever added yeast too. Smells like 1 am drunk barf:sh

I am curious.. How did you prepare the potatoes for fermenting? Did you boil them and then use the liquor after discarding (or eating) the potatoes?

lol, close enough.

I wanted an onion wine to use for cooking.

It's actually turned out quite well.

lol, close enough.

I wanted an onion wine to use for cooking.

It's actually turned out quite well.

I have both and onion and garlic wines on my to-do list at some time...yes for cooking! I've also thought about tomato wine for the same reason, but haven't looked into that....but have never thought about potatoes!

I am curious.. How did you prepare the potatoes for fermenting? Did you boil them and then use the liquor after discarding (or eating) the potatoes?
Boil them, mash them potatoes stay in. But take my word for it and dont do it in the house. BTW the results are UNDRINKABLE

Latest posts

Back