Post your vineyard pictures!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grow muscadines, which have 40 chromosomes instead of the 38 of vinifera grapes. So, technically, no pics from me.

Last edited:
The only thing on my laptop was video, so I deleted it in order to comply with the original post.

Last edited:
Another member pointed out that vines other than vinifera grapes do not constitute a vineyard, so I deleted my hardy kiwi pics.

Last edited:
Such nice setups! Ok, I took some shots today. Unfortunately some of my vines are struggling. I have lost 2 and I attribute this to soil type and excessive rain. But, I have grapes!

DSCN3764.JPG

Above are America. Well suited for my zone/area and soil type. There are 4 years old. America is good for red wine and makes a good port. (I had to replace one vine in this row)

DSCN3767.JPG

This years planting of America (with some Sheridan mixed in to help the America bear).

DSCN3765.JPG

This variety is Buffalo. I also use these to help the America produce. Grape makes a decent red wine and an awesome grape jelly. I think these vines are 5 years old.

DSCN3761.JPG DSCN3762.JPG

This years planting for Cab Franc. Some are almost to the fruiting wire. And yes, I need to weed. I've been pulling them by the hand fulls. One I get one vine on the bottom wire, and trim back some of the bottom growth, I'll cover and spray the weeds.

DSCN3769.JPG

And a shot of what's left of one of my dead vines. This vine would be going on 3 years. I will replace this vine once I spray this row (glyphosate). On the 4th year, I no longer spray as the roots should be able to compete just fine.

DSCN3768.JPG

And finally, a broader shot of part of my vineyard. Yes, that is hops growing in the back ground. I also have an orchard (not shown).

I keep the weeds in the row to help control the vigor on the vines that are more mature. Late frost in April didn't get the Petite pearl buds which were mostly buttoned up.

IMG_0308.jpg

Latest posts

Back