Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to cut my bulk aging short and bottle everything to clear the dining room. I shamelessly took the layout idea from @vinny and made it my own. The old me would have taken a couple of weeks of tweaking and testing before I came up with anything, but I’ve been trying to live closer to the rule “just get it done.” Although I did tweak the Zinfandel and Cabernet to lower the main text and adjust the ml and abv to bring everything further away from the edges. Anyway, 1 hour on Avery’s website and I was done. They were going to be all crows, but I enjoy heraldry so I just made them each a different heraldic animal.

Attachments

• 2D4EBA2B-7AB8-4B8F-8F5D-9A9CD8645286.jpeg
    2D4EBA2B-7AB8-4B8F-8F5D-9A9CD8645286.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I had to cut my bulk aging short and bottle everything to clear the dining room. I shamelessly took the layout idea from @vinny and made it my own. The old me would have taken a couple of weeks of tweaking and testing before I came up with anything, but I’ve been trying to live closer to the rule “just get it done.” Although I did tweak the Zinfandel and Cabernet to lower the main text and adjust the ml and abv to bring everything further away from the edges. Anyway, 1 hour on Avery’s website and I was done. They were going to be all crows, but I enjoy heraldry so I just made them each a different heraldic animal.
If you didn't mention that I was the inspiration, I would have just assumed you went for a simple and clean layout. Those are classy!

I didn't pull mine out of the ether. I found inspiration of my own to emulate, but I take is as a compliment!

Thank you.

Now if I can just get my printer so I cad finish mine. UPS has bungled it so bad, once again, that I just placed another order with a different supplier.

Did you filter the apple wine?

Sparkly!
Thanks! No, it’s just Super Kleer, then wait and rack and wait and rack and wait and rack.

As for the labels, rarely is anything pulled completely out of the ether. It’s all inspired, even if it’s just the spacing between letters. I was resigning myself to forget about labels because I didn’t want to spend the time figuring out what to do, and I know how I get sometimes. I nitpick every detail. When I saw yours, something clicked and I was off. Just get it done. Then I was wondering about color and I remembered “just get it done.” Screw it. Black and white. I’m glad I didn’t try to make it better. As @winemaker81 says, “the enemy of good isn’t bad, it’s better.”

Here are the first labels I created for the first wines I made. These took me weeks and weeks of tweaks and tweaks. Adding this and changing that and drawing an “artistic” version of a local landmark bridge, and trying different colors and the silly name (which still embarrasses me) and fonts and kerning. In the end, after all that, it’s just okay.

Attachments

• AF4FB5C7-242F-4CF5-86A3-8C654E67B320.jpeg
    AF4FB5C7-242F-4CF5-86A3-8C654E67B320.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
It’s all inspired, even if it’s just the spacing between letters.
Honestly, this is what changed my labels. I noticed it on @crushday's labels. Played around, and suddenly there was a whole new look.

I like both versions, but all the new ones a little more. Spacing out the name and making it the focal point draws you in to everything you need to know.

I am glad I shared and that you could take something from them. It's why I really like this site, you post something for advice or to share something and others take from it, or add their perspective. Either way, everyone wins.

Looks pretty cool, nice work.
I really like it. It's so elegant.

Back