Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like the vinyl material they print on and the labels peel off easily under hot running water also. The quality is pretty decent of images also. It's not super sharp but it is very good.
I’m trying out Crushtag so we will see. The labels is a bit smaller than the Avery label and with shipping more than the Avery labels. So I will see who has the better quality label.

I've got two to share. The Avery 4-3/4 x 3-1/2" Arched label printed from Avery.com The price is too high without a discount so maybe on round two I'll see if I can download and print at Staples. 24 labels at $1.45/label

The second is a planned Winexpert Exotic Fruit label I'm toying with. It has been created from sheetlabels.com and clocks in at $1.00/each for 30 3" X 4"
Monkey Island? Yes, a very good J. Geils Band song, and yes, I changed my winery names for these 'fun' wines.
1642540312364.png 1642540265381.png1642540312364.png
1642540265381.png

I bottled a FWK Barbera yesterday, getting the labels printed this week. Started in August, this was planned as an early drinker -- no skin packs, 1 oz medium toast Hungarian cubes for 4 months in the carboy. Although it will improve over the next 6 months, it's VERY drinkable now, oddly fruity on the front end with a slightly sour aftertaste that is surprisingly pleasant. [I like sour patch-type candies, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. ;) ]

The background picture is a landscape from Tuscany which I found online.

2021barbera-tinified.png

I've got two to share. The Avery 4-3/4 x 3-1/2" Arched label printed from Avery.com The price is too high without a discount so maybe on round two I'll see if I can download and print at Staples. 24 labels at $1.45/label

The second is a planned Winexpert Exotic Fruit label I'm toying with. It has been created from sheetlabels.com and clocks in at $1.00/each for 30 3" X 4"
Monkey Island? Yes, a very good J. Geils Band song, and yes, I changed my winery names for these 'fun' wines.
If $1.00 a label is a reasonable price for you, labels at www.noontimelabels.com start there and go down with quantity. And we have The Everything Label specifically for home winemakers and brewers.

If $1.00 a label is a reasonable price for you, labels at www.noontimelabels.com start there and go down with quantity. And we have The Everything Label specifically for home winemakers and brewers.

David, I design and print my own labels but that is a pretty amazing product.

View attachment 83493 View attachment 83492View attachment 83493
View attachment 83492
When I was printing labels I would create on canva, transfer to avery to make the label, save to thumb drive and printed a copy for reference. Then took to my local copy printer to print on laser. at 25 cents per page (6 labels per page) for color print and the cost of the labels it was a great deal. Much less than $1 per label. Quality was so much better than my print at home labels....

When I was printing labels I would create on canva, transfer to avery to make the label, save to thumb drive and printed a copy for reference. Then took to my local copy printer to print on laser. at 25 cents per page (6 labels per page) for color print and the cost of the labels it was a great deal. Much less than $1 per label. Quality was so much better than my print at home labels....
This is something I need to find, a good program to design labels (not standard clip
art in their design set), then download as pdf then off to Staples. Based on a lot of comments, printing at Staples seems to be the most cost effective. Printing at home has its advantages and when my ink swilling inkjet dies, a decent laser printer and labels will likely be my long term solution.
I’ve tried Avery, and while it’s cloud based app is decent, I need to spend more time with it. Canva I’m not familiar with and will do a search.
Thank you.

This is something I need to find, a good program to design labels (not standard clip
art in their design set), then download as pdf then off to Staples. Based on a lot of comments, printing at Staples seems to be the most cost effective. Printing at home has its advantages and when my ink swilling inkjet dies, a decent laser printer and labels will likely be my long term solution.
I’ve tried Avery, and while its cloud based app is decent, I need to spend more time with it. Canva I’m not familiar with and will do a search.
I use the desktop version of Avery Design & Print, which is no longer available. It's not the most full featured product, but it does what it's designed for, and when I design a label, it scales it across the page, e.g., I get 6 properly placed labels. I print to PDF and print on a color laser printer.

Paint.net is great for modifying graphics, although the learning curve is steep. When I need to do something new, I look for a tutorial. But the tool is not good for labels, as text becomes an object, so it can't be changed; it must be recreated.

I've tried other tools for labels, and while most work fine for design, they don't scale across the page well. I'll check Canva.

For really good labels, inkjets don't work. Media also matters -- I started using Avery Surface Safe White Film for Signs. It doesn't run when printed on a laser, and the labels peel right off. If you misplace a label, you can peel it off and restick with no problem. And when the bottle is empty, prepping for the next batch is simple.

Certainly not looking to blatantly advertise, but seems pertinent to the conversation; Noontime Labels has The Everything Label that peels off dry, no water, solvents, or scrubbing. It's also reusable (remove and put on another bottle) and washable (keep the label on the bottle and use for another wine). It's permanent in that it stays on until you want it off and handles ice and water, etc. It's also erasable so you can write on it with permanent marker and then erase with alcohol.

I thank you for blatantly advertising. Scraping my own labels off has become a chore. I am seriously considering Noontime. Thanks Again!

My latest batch.

Attachments

• 20220423_204838.jpg
    20220423_204838.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 52
  • 20220423_204925.jpg
    20220423_204925.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
  • 20220423_204947.jpg
    20220423_204947.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • 20220423_205003.jpg