Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny. You folks are all so professional, I guess I'm a misfit. If I didn't need to identify the contents I wouldn't bother with a label at all. I can't even be bothered to peel the old labels off.

BTW, I didn't want to be branded a heretic so I kept my mouth shut about SP. I made a batch and I must say I'm not a fan. It tastes like, well, lemonade. That is until... I added a splash of bourbon. Now that's what I'm talking about!

IMG_9509.jpg

Funny. You folks are all so professional, I guess I'm a misfit.
Nahhh. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Most of the folks in this thread like labels, so it's weighted in that direction.

I have odd bottles for which I ran out of labels, e.g., have 27 bottles, only printed 4 sheets of 6. The remaining 3 have a strip of painter's tape with the name on them. I tend to use these first.

Oddly, I've noticed the lack of a proper label doesn't affect the taste much, if at all .... ;)

After 40 years of production, the Fazekas Winery is done.

Nope! I'm not done making wine! In modern terms, I'm "rebranding".

My elder son started making wine on his own over a year ago, after helping me with my production since long before he was legally old enough to drink (well, in the USA, anyway). I developed a logo for him, but he's been unable to come up with a satisfactory name for his wines. He's making some kits on his own, and collaborated with me on our 2020 reds and a Sauvignon Blanc.

He was going to purchase red grapes next fall and do his own thing, but I suggested we continue doing what is working very well -- collaboration.

Last weekend I had a brain fart and went in a different direction, label-wise:

2020 Sauvignon Blanc - 02 B.png

and created a different version with my son's logo:

2020 Sauvignon Blanc - 03.png

I will bottle my solo wines with my logo, he will bottle his solo wines with is logo, and collaborations will be bottled half-and-half.

I've half-passed the baton to the next generation. It will be fully his eventually ... but we're both hoping for not all that soon!

After 40 years of production, the Fazekas Winery is done.

Nope! I'm not done making wine! In modern terms, I'm "rebranding".

My elder son started making wine on his own over a year ago, after helping me with my production since long before he was legally old enough to drink (well, in the USA, anyway). I developed a logo for him, but he's been unable to come up with a satisfactory name for his wines. He's making some kits on his own, and collaborated with me on our 2020 reds and a Sauvignon Blanc.

He was going to purchase red grapes next fall and do his own thing, but I suggested we continue doing what is working very well -- collaboration.

Last weekend I had a brain fart and went in a different direction, label-wise:

View attachment 76523

and created a different version with my son's logo:

View attachment 76524

I will bottle my solo wines with my logo, he will bottle his solo wines with is logo, and collaborations will be bottled half-and-half.

I've half-passed the baton to the next generation. It will be fully his eventually ... but we're both hoping for not all that soon!

Wish my son had some passion for it but nobody at home used to help and may be the reason why I stopped making wine 🥲

Nice seeing you and your son have that same common passion.

Nice seeing you and your son have that same common passion.
Only 1 of his friends is red drinker. The others drink beer or wine coolers or mixed drinks. This shared interest is good for both of us.

My younger son is more of a beer drinker, although he was also a helper when he was younger and when he's visiting he's VERY willing to help, especially with quality control. He may never make wine, but I suspect that after he gets a house he'll start beer making.

I made labels for my beer, but used them only for a few batches and then left off.
Ditto. I use a Sharpie and write the year and batch number (for that year) on the cap, e.g., 1-1. I don't drink a lot of beer so there's often only 1 batch in the year, but on the off-chance I make a second, I keep the naming schema.

My younger son is more of a beer drinker, although he was also a helper when he was younger and when he's visiting he's VERY willing to help, especially with quality control. He may never make wine, but I suspect that after he gets a house he'll start beer making.
My newly married younger son questioned me recently about making wine. They are looking to buy a house next year and he's planning for fermentation room ... so I'll need to invent another logo ... 🙂

Thanks Dennis, yes I have always had an interest in photography. The photography is mine and then my daughter designs the labels for me. She is a graphic designer. I really like the creativity of your labels! They are very unique! This is my latest label.B6AA2A97-52CC-413A-89F5-D5DD13DCCC56.jpeg

Thanks, I like tinkering with photoshop elements and then upload to crushtag to have them printed. I pull images from the internet and piece them together and add in my pup.
I have mine printed by Avery. I might consider trying crushtag? Are you please with their printing and the label material?

I have mine printed by Avery. I might consider trying crushtag? Are you please with their printing and the label material?
I do like the vinyl material they print on and the labels peel off easily under hot running water also. The quality is pretty decent of images also. It's not super sharp but it is very good.

I do like the vinyl material they print on and the labels peel off easily under hot running water also. The quality is pretty decent of images also. It's not super sharp but it is very good.
Certainly not looking to blatantly advertise, but seems pertinent to the conversation; Noontime Labels has The Everything Label that peels off dry, no water, solvents, or scrubbing. It's also reusable (remove and put on another bottle) and washable (keep the label on the bottle and use for another wine). It's permanent in that it stays on until you want it off and handles ice and water, etc. It's also erasable so you can write on it with permanent marker and then erase with alcohol.

Latest posts

Back