Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to print my own but since the company shut down the building I don't have access to our high-end printer
Ditto.

I'm using Avery Design & Print. They discontinued the desktop version -- I'm using the last version that was published. I tried their online version a couple of years ago -- it used fonts my printer didn't support to I wasted half a dozen sheets of labels as the font substitution was FUBAR. I haven't tried it since then.

I went to David Noone’s Noontime Custom Labels site (www.noontimelabels.com) after reading this thread, and it was amazingly easy to create a label for my first kit of Stag’s Leap Merlot! I ordered a set and just got a notice that I’m “in production”. I can’t wait to receive and will post a picture of the label when I receive 👌

Definitely quality labels. They give your bottles that 'Pro' feel.

Started making wine last year in June and safe to say I am addicted! Just bottled our sixth batch, and started a 5 gallon batch of skeeter pee! We name each one after something going on in our lives, so I am happy to introduce "Vaccine Selfie!"

Bonus label for our future batch, named in honor of our puppy who will be coming home right around the time we bottle!Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.02.21 PM.pngIMG_2534.jpgScreen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.02.56 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my second batch from Sheetlabels.com. This set looked a little bleached out compared to the first set. They reprinted the batch for free although their policy says this variation can happen. They offer color matching as a safeguard, but that may be an add-on service. Either way, I plan to go that route to ensure high quality for an otherwise good experience so far.

One of my habits has been to print half a dozen joke labels. The reaction of folks when reading the fine print can be entertaining. This one is a first draft for next fall:

2020 Meritage 01 - JOKE 03.png

BTW: the background picture is the mansion prop from the Monster Movie Matinee, which broadcast in Syracuse NY from the 60's into the 80's (AFAIK). As a child it creeped me out. As an adult, I find it sad that folks don't allow themselves to be entertained by truly cheesy special effects.

I'm made some overtly weird labels, but I find they are not as much fun. Subtle is more entertaining -- for me, anyway.

2020 Meritage 01 - JOKE 02.png

In the late 90's, I had been out of winemaking for a few years, then jumped back in. Among other things I tried a Cabernet Sauvignon concentrate and a WineArt White Bordeaux kit. Both actually turned out ok, but feeling whimsical, my labels for each batch were not serious.

Canned cabernet.png

white bordeaux.png

The labels were created using Microsoft Word, as I didn't have a decent graphics program. Kind of klugy ... but it worked!

BTW: the background picture is the mansion prop from the Monster Movie Matinee, which broadcast in Syracuse NY from the 60's into the 80's (AFAIK). As a child it creeped me out. As an adult, I find it sad that folks don't allow themselves to be entertained by truly cheesy special effects.
Agreed. I grew up watching Son of Svengoolie on WFLD in Chicago. Loved (and still do) those classic cheese-o-rama horror flicks. To my delight, several years ago I found that Rich Koz is again playing Svengoolie on MeTV Saturday nights. My family hates it...

I like the labels.

Received my second batch from Sheetlabels.com. This set looked a little bleached out compared to the first set. They reprinted the batch for free although their policy says this variation can happen. They offer color matching as a safeguard, but that may be an add-on service. Either way, I plan to go that route to ensure high quality for an otherwise good experience so far.
I've used sheetlabes for couple of years now - I create the label online from their site, download the pdf file and take blank label sheets to Staples to have them printed

Latest posts

Back