Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple here. Two from last year and two that are being sent to the printers later for the 2020 vintage.

Attachments

• 2020CaravanCab.png
    2020CaravanCab.png
    285.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 2020PackMulePinot.png
    2020PackMulePinot.png
    176.5 KB · Views: 25
  • JennyRose Front.png
    JennyRose Front.png
    534.4 KB · Views: 23
  • BeastofBurden_Front.png
    BeastofBurden_Front.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 23
I originally designed my labels to be cost effective to print on an inkjet. I tried a colored background and burned through $75 in ink for 4 cases of wine before I realized what I did. Later I tried colored paper, but went back to plain white.

The inkjet is no longer used -- a color laser printer produces amazingly crisp labels.

Avery Design & Print is used for design. The desktop program is no longer available, Avery only supports the online version. [I have the last desktop version, if anyone is interested.] I print to PDF, which can be taken to a print shop (like Staples) for printing. Staples will use your media, if you want.

My Epson inkjet came with a hundred or so fonts, so I experiment. All labels look a bit different, due to font differences and the inclusion of graphics and photos.

The Exotic Fruit-White Zin is printed on heavier plain paper, put on with a glue stick. Soak the label, let it set 5 minutes, and it peels off with very little residue.

The Merlot and Pinot Noir are printed on Avery Presta 94215 media. It goes on with no fuss. The material doesn't run, and it peels off VERY easily, no soaking required. I got a good price, buying 100 sheets at a time.

wine bottles.jpg

I went through Avery labels and ordered 40 of their water resistant wine labels.

I got the picture off deviant art and was able to get permission from the artist.

I couldn't be happier with the final result and I would use avery again in a heartbeat.

View attachment 68176
Have you tried to remove the Avery labels? I have been searching for a label that can be removed without soaking or scrubbing or scraping; something that can be just pulled off.

I recently started using Avery Surface Safe White Film for Signs, 3-1/3" x 4" (6/sheet). They peel right off with no problem. I've mis-aligned a few, peeled them up, and put back down without damage.

I print on a color laser printer, which is very durable. I don't know how durable an inkjet will be.

Ordering in bulk on the Avery site was the best price I could find when I ordered last year.

I recently started using Avery Surface Safe White Film for Signs, 3-1/3" x 4" (6/sheet). They peel right off with no problem. I've mis-aligned a few, peeled them up, and put back down without damage.

I print on a color laser printer, which is very durable. I don't know how durable an inkjet will be.

Ordering in bulk on the Avery site was the best price I could find when I ordered last year.
Thanks! That looks like exactly what I wanted. Have you removed any after they were on the bottle for a year or two?

I went through Avery labels and ordered 40 of their water resistant wine labels.

I got the picture off deviant art and was able to get permission from the artist.

I couldn't be happier with the final result and I would use avery again in a heartbeat.
Great job! And I commend you on getting the artist's permission, wonderful!

Have you tried to remove the Avery labels? I have been searching for a label that can be removed without soaking or scrubbing or scraping; something that can be just pulled off.
If you're looking for something pre-designed, we have The Everything Label which is removable, reusable, washable, and erasable. We have hundreds of designs you can personalize. you can checkout the youtube video here.

SHEETLABELS.COM PRODUCT SL571. These are
Blank Sheet Labels

3.75" x 4.75" (SL571)

Removable White Polyester Weatherproof (for laser printers) (RXW)

4 labels per sheet

8.5" x 11" sheet

I've been only using these for past several years and they work just great. peal right off when you're done with them (they can also be removed for repositioning too). I take them to Staples to be printed on their laser printer. Cost is about $0.65 per sheet based on order of 100 sheets.

I grow my own grapes, plums and apples and our dog Maisey loved to follow me as tended to the crops. She passed away 2 years ago, but is memorialized in my wine labels that includes a drawing my daughter painted of her from a picture with an apple in her mouth.

Attachments

• 149B144E-29FC-4C8D-9303-8136004CFB51.jpeg
    149B144E-29FC-4C8D-9303-8136004CFB51.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
I went to David Noone’s Noontime Custom Labels site (www.noontimelabels.com) after reading this thread, and it was amazingly easy to create a label for my first kit of Stag’s Leap Merlot! I ordered a set and just got a notice that I’m “in production”. I can’t wait to receive and will post a picture of the label when I receive 👌

Yes, the price is a bit steep for me. I get a sheet printed at Staples for $0.60 USD, and I do 6 labels/sheet.

I used to print my own but since the company shut down the building I don't have access to our high-end printer :cool:
I designed my labels with Maestro from online labels dot com.

Latest posts

Back