Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what was put into your tatters to keep it from being bland, and what type of tatters
DAWG
HI DAWG. I looked up my old notes on it and besides russet potatos I had ginger, orange juice concentrate. I had to use 16 tsp of acid to get to TA=.6. That may have helped some. I borrowed from several recipes. It was just an experiment to use the potatoes that would have gone to waste.

HI DAWG. I looked up my old notes on it and besides russet potatos I had ginger, orange juice concentrate. I had to use 16 tsp of acid to get to TA=.6. That may have helped some. I borrowed from several recipes. It was just an experiment to use the potatoes that would have gone to waste.
thank you AKRON,
yeah i like my wines but i like to experiment with odd things, the curse of having enough carboys, oops, i never said that , anyway tatters caught my attention, that's about as odd as it gets, so after i'm done with my current experiment, tatters sound fun to try, thank you for letting me know,
Dawg

Well, I finally got something I think approaches what I had in mind for my latest Dragon Bloods. There is LOTS of room for improvement as I learn what software to use to do what. No, I did not do the artwork (I wish!), but to the best of my knowledge, images and fonts are public domain or open source. I did front and back labels so I could describe the Dragon Blood concept a bit. I hope it does @dangerdave's creation justice. This is my first attempt at creating my own labels, being inspired by @Val-the-Brew-Gal's creative genius (make sure you check out her work!).

My home-grown Saskatoon Berry Dragon Blood:

Saskatoon.jpg
Saskatoon Back.jpg

And the Evans Cherry / Blueberry Dragon Blood:

Cherry.jpg

Well, I finally got something I think approaches what I had in mind for my latest Dragon Bloods. There is LOTS of room for improvement as I learn what software to use to do what. No, I did not do the artwork (I wish!), but to the best of my knowledge, images and fonts are public domain or open source. I did front and back labels so I could describe the Dragon Blood concept a bit. I hope it does @dangerdave's creation justice. This is my first attempt at creating my own labels, being inspired by @Val-the-Brew-Gal's creative genius (make sure you check out her work!).

You did an awesome job! I love the artwork (I've used those on my labels as well because if your making Dragon Blood you need dragons 😉) and the font is perfect. I notice you've put the ABV and litres on the front label... I'm going to steal that idea! I'm very impressed 🥰😍🤩

My partner and I are HUGE into fist tanks. Between home and my office, we have 12 tanks. Just to explain why this label makes so much sense for my wines. Also, the clownfish are our actual clownfish :) When I actually print the label, the wine name will go in the void under the wine bottle in a white script font.

Attachments

• IMG_2794.jpeg
    IMG_2794.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 50
My partner, Ben, and I settled on a label, finally. A friend of ours passed away 4 years ago. Ben knew him before Ben and I even met. They were very close and Ross is how I learned Ben's ins and outs. Ross was very important to us. After Ross passed, Ben always said that every time he saw a red tailed hawk, he knew Ross was there, with him. So I presented a label to Ben featuring the Red tail Hawk, and without hesitation, we chose that one out of the 3. I used two tribal hawks and turned their tails red, the two hawks representing Ben and I.

Attachments

• Red Hawk Home Brews 2.png
    Red Hawk Home Brews 2.png
    516.5 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Back