Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought some clear labels from Onlinelabels.com. They come on a white paper backing. Printed 55 labels for the Pinot Noir and they looked pretty good except when you peeled the label from the backing, the labels were kind of translucent and on an antique green bottle you couldn't really see the label pic or the writing. They really look kind of cool on a clear bottle though.View attachment 59679
Fred, good info to know. Thanks for sharing. It does look really cool on the clear..................Dizzy

First wine, first label. Definitely a little meh, but homage to 4 legged friends, past and present. Avoids family complaints about being excluded or included. ;)

Attachments

• WIne Label.jpg
    WIne Label.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 70
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a commercial printing machine (Epson Surepress) in an auction. Epson is coming to install and train me on it over the next couple weeks. If anyone has a small run they need help with (free of charge - pay shipping only), please PM or email me as I need some test projects to run while I am being trained. First come first serve. Dan - Midwest Label Supply.

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a commercial printing machine (Epson Surepress) in an auction. Epson is coming to install and train me on it over the next couple weeks. If anyone has a small run they need help with (free of charge - pay shipping only), please PM or email me as I need some test projects to run while I am being trained. First come first serve. Dan - Midwest Label Supply.
Hi Dan, wow that's awesome! Do you know if fancy, textured, art paper type label stocks are readily available and if your machine would print on them? I was thinking about printing a label something like this 3D render I made:
blue.jpg

Hi Dan, wow that's awesome! Do you know if fancy, textured, art paper type label stocks are readily available and if your machine would print on them? I was thinking about printing a label something like this 3D render I made:
View attachment 63832
I can do fancy textured paper. It still might be a month before I am setup. Feel free to email [email protected]. I'll get back to you once I have exact paper options.

Last edited:
Just started making my own wine this past new year and want o start making some labels. Quick question about non-tradiational labeling. Looking at something like Mulderbosch Sav Blanc. they have a skinny label that does up under the cap. Anyone use labels like this and perhaps more importantly, is there any reason why one should not make labels that go all the way over cork (one side to the other) so that as I stand looking at my wine rack, I can see specifics on the labels covering the end of the neck.

Since you are a home-winemaker, not selling your product, you can do whatever you think looks good, makes it easier for you to find what you are looking for. The sky is the limit.

Yes, I just do not see any example so I was wondering if there was some techinical reason why labels like this were not in use.

Just started making my own wine this past new year and want o start making some labels. Quick question about non-tradiational labeling. Looking at something like Mulderbosch Sav Blanc. they have a skinny label that does up under the cap. Anyone use labels like this and perhaps more importantly, is there any reason why one should not make labels that go all the way over cork (one side to the other) so that as I stand looking at my wine rack, I can see specifics on the labels covering the end of the neck.
If you are covering the cork do you think you will be interfering with the microoxidation process?..............................Dizzy

Latest posts

Back