Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put together a one-size-fits all label with a blank to write in the details, as well as a stamp version of the same design. I stole the logo from a now closed dive bar in Austin. Not very wine-y, but it's fun.

label1.PNG label2.PNG

What are you using for your labels and printing @skyfire322

I use Stoney Creek Winepress. I'll do the design in Photoshop, then just import it to the website. I like it because you can choose shiny or flat finish labels, they have a lot of custom shapes, and also label templates. After shipping, I typically pay about $35 for three dozen labels. I get them in about a week, as well!

I just bought some clear labels from Onlinelabels.com. They come on a white paper backing. Printed 55 labels for the Pinot Noir and they looked pretty good except when you peeled the label from the backing, the labels were kind of translucent and on an antique green bottle you couldn't really see the label pic or the writing. They really look kind of cool on a clear bottle though.Clear Labels.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that does look good on the clear. Clear labels are tricky... you usually need a printer that will print white behind everything else. Home printers use the white background of the paper to create lighter colors. It is possible to make great labels if you keep that in mind while designing, and of course they only work on lighter brighter white and rose wines.

Put the cart before the horse and designed this for my first attempt at country wine! Just pitched the yeast yesterday. These forums have been so helpful!

Editing to show the labels we did for our first kit wine. COVID has really given us a great opportunity to start what is going to be a wonderful lifelong hobby!

Attachments

• 556CE24E-F42B-4021-825F-AF925501BA92.jpeg
    556CE24E-F42B-4021-825F-AF925501BA92.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 8.21.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 8.21.22 AM.png
    568.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1178.jpg
    IMG_1178.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Put the cart before the horse and designed this for my first attempt at country wine! Just pitched the yeast yesterday. These forums have been so helpful!

Editing to show the labels we did for our first kit wine. COVID has really given us a great opportunity to start what is going to be a wonderful lifelong hobby!
Welcome. If your wines are as good as the labels you'll wish you started earlier.

Latest posts

Back