Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is very simple because I'm cheap. Got a color laser a couple of months ago ($180.00) and it does labels nicely - not so great for photos but I didn't get it for that. So now this is my standard basic label. The background is in grey scale although the original image I used has some brown shades to it - the conversion does nicely and saves the color toner on the background image.
BottleLable.jpg

Do you print these yourself or send them out to be printed?
The labels are actually from a company called Macday http://www.macday.ca/ , They have software called lasting impressions that you can download from Macday. Once you design the label on your own PC, it saves the file as a .lif file. This is a remarkable file in the sense, you can design the label in any font you have on your PC, and it will do something similar to high end graphics software on Apple PC'S do. It will almost 'suitcase' pack it. Meaning even if the destination pc doesn't have your PC's fonts, the destination pc will render the label properly. Most of the DIY winery places have the Printer and stock labels ready to go. You design the label with a particular stock label in mind. The winery's printer will just roll out the # of labels you want using your design. 15-20 cents per label. I take down to this place which is about 10 mins from where I live https://www.lusciouswines.com

open

You know that this is a blend of Merlot and two more "esoteric" Bordeaux varietals. Meritage city, baby!

I know, I just liked the picture. I thought of Unsung Meritage, Mini Meritage, Kitchen Sink or something like that. The wine's not bottled, the labels aren't printed and it's not the best wine. I back sweetened to give to those who drink wine rather then appreciate it. There is a good chance I'll save the picture of a better wine.

Latest posts

Back