Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, Those are cool labels. I also noticed that your fruit is from Suisun Valley. How did it turn out? I made Sangiovese from Suisun Valley fruit last year. How did you get your fruit? Thanks.

They are Lanza grapes. I've been using them for a few years and have been pretty happy with the results. Good fruit. I was buying from Harford Vineyard and Winery in MD, but they recently decided to stop selling grapes and juice. So now I'm searching for a new supplier.

They are Lanza grapes. I've been using them for a few years and have been pretty happy with the results. Good fruit. I was buying from Harford Vineyard and Winery in MD, but they recently decided to stop selling grapes and juice. So now I'm searching for a new supplier.

I see. Musto sells Lanza fruit, but they're in Connecticut. http://www.juicegrape.com/

Here's a silly question....

At what point in the process do you arrive at a name? When you're thinking about creating a batch? During the process? At bottle?

ps: there's some really awesome labels and names in here... :)

I generally prefer not name them (I've named probably 4), but when I do. It's usually because something about it gave rise to the name. Sometimes it's the wine, sometimes it's something that happen or a thought while working with the wine.

• Rebecca'a Dance (Dragon's blood) - Named as a gift for my GF's daughter who had just had a great dance recital.
  • 73 - (Viognier) - One of my two favorite white wines (other being Chenin Blanc) Combination year of my birth and one of my other hobbies (ham radio)
  • Overture (Chilean Cabernet) - My first Cabernet (Lodi, CA) turned out really good and gets rave reviews. When I was ready to bottle this one, I felt it was even better. It reminded me of some of my favorite overtures due to it's complexity even at such a young age. I think this one is going to be really good in another year or a few.
  • Summer Time Fun - (Pineapple, Mango, Lime wine) - Because it reminds me of a drink for a summer on a beach, and Beach Fun didn't sound right.

All the rest are just the year and the wine fruit.

Can anyone tell me what format(s) can be used to successfully upload?

Hey Danno. I use Stoney Creek and just upload a jpg file in cases where I need to add a pic. They have a lot of templates - many of which you can just change the words and go.

Back