Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I took 13 bottles of my Cherry Chocolate Walnut wine and mixed it with 13 bottles of Cherry Brandy to produce my first port style wine. I have (24) 750ml, and (3) 375ml tasters. Here she is all labeled up!

I bottled a single of the straight cherry wine, but I'm lacking corks so the rest will have to wait. I just moved it into a 3 gallon carboy.

heLXHsWX8hTRPEPWHiSZyfgSrKH3Q283dVoueymsNoxpxFDyYSkU9u3YcK0MWoSTsiQ5mZWA1i65kDRnjCIVBZmfrf5WNDgi3Nb8EwsigsW6glNagR1mJ5wK5xKOe1_rdWayGT5ogwxIF32GSHvIvQPaXej8q6Qd37SpacSK3UtJkZOkaLqfqCRj4qmLK2oX-GnnSfm893aAhdl1mWvuJA_Z4cbMIVDGLsMTlcP-WB8ZDpY0zXF7k_87EIo1Rc7yiEL4TqZWAGaHNkLmFZlk1Ra6HGwB1QEJpcEAc2derV4FWyQSta2PthL7QUWwXhFY6HRXAp45Mo_ZXeXTmZCcD2B4GCvp_y5D1QxgAfzWWEAR0JVmti0NFbYGKVGm6BhI31JcPfM-gAaPAUsg640x2NqZS7kCCt6ezN790k8EIvhIMv2VwL3-OYIi-vJgRnkE0YXG0KDN56yqUj-zK9R-kowEOXs3HiOwrro4WaQifPjvwMgM17rP9rwA21g7lYim7x_yTTKv4px7ytIIX4KTN5LXSUmKTFaam2JhDU8OdpFszCMjg57fWQ7tuMXMsgckRIvIucXK-puRnHlQ9rR8wskAl_2L4oRsFOALcWrfzVmm5iatJFL0soQsp5pWHkfzrJTNuBumhzmli5MKAiOs2vYraYWJDkw-nQ=w731-h974-no

Very nice label, I bottled my tart cherry wine last week, should’ve mixed some with Cherry brandy as well, oh well.

I did a test blend about two weeks ago. Originally it tasted like cough medicine, but after a few days. It started to meld into something very good. This was a different brandy and I couldn't get the original brand again. This batch was blended with Hiram Walker Cherry Brandy.

Now, I love the cherry wines I've had, but I made this cherry wine very heavy in Cherry. It tastes good, but not something I could drink more than a glass of. Which makes me think I possibly should convert the rest to a port style wine too. First I need to ensure the Hiram Walker produces the same great port style wine I made before. If it does. I likely will convert the rest as this cherry wine is very heavy cherry. I think I fine the lighter (think light Pinot Noir) style cherry wine better. This is cherry wine definitely has a port foot-print.

Anyhow, if it turns out good. I would definitely like to get some feedback from other wine makers. Given you are not far from me, I would definitely like to have you give it a go. (providing I approve after it's had time to blend properly and doesn't continue tasting like cough syrupy.

Not nearly so good as some of these shown here. Went with a company for my first batch, I think it didn't turn out bad.

Attachments

• wine bottles.jpg
    wine bottles.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 89
My Son is getting married this Sunday so I had David at Noontime Labels make some wedding labels for me. Bringing 30 bottles of at least 8 different wines, so I wrote the type of wine in pen. His labels look awesome! My pic & ink not so much! (That's why I buy labels. LOL) Roy. PS Thanks David

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 100
Bottled my Viognier today.

Looking good, David!

Can you remind me: where is the Viognier from? Juice bucket, kit...?

Your "73" label reminds me of a story. My college roommate was a ham. In his teen years, he had an occasional conversation with a (very slightly) older woman. After a few weeks of this, after he had signed off "73," she signed off "88." He was flipping over-the-moon. Too bad he never actually saw her.

At least he taught us to curse in Morse code! :)

Looking good, David!

Can you remind me: where is the Viognier from? Juice bucket, kit...?

Your "73" label reminds me of a story. My college roommate was a ham. In his teen years, he had an occasional conversation with a (very slightly) older woman. After a few weeks of this, after he had signed off "73," she signed off "88." He was flipping over-the-moon. Too bad he never actually saw her.

At least he taught us to curse in Morse code! :)

Thanks!

I couldn't locate Viognier grapes or a juice bucket at the time, but I really wanted to start one. I went with the RJ Spagnols En Primeur Winery Series Italian Viognier Winemaking Kit.

The interesting thing about the '73 on the label is. That is the name of the wine, and it was named such for two reasons. One is, '73 is the year of my birth. (a good vintage as I like to say!) Second is, I am a ham! (K1SZO is my call)

For those that do not know, in ham radio. "73" basically is a short-hand salutation. You sign off a conversation with someone on the radio with "73". It basically means "Best Regards". So in a sense, I named the wine. "Best Regards" I just used a esoteric short-hand term rather than the actual words.

That's great that you were able to deduce that! I only know of one other ham on this site. @Trevor7

73, David :D

Latest posts

Back