Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just did about 7 cases of 2021 wines with my dad while watching some cold December football. Racked, sulphited, bottled, labels & caps. Was a nice day

forgot my bottling attatchment for the vacuum pump so had to use the cheap backup transfer pump. Then adjusted the levels down with a straw. Not gonna lie, kinda drunk lol.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
Salute! 🥂
View attachment 96506
Those are great. Nice work.

Professionally printed?

Just did about 7 cases of 2021 wines with my dad while watching some cold December football. Racked, sulphited, bottled, labels & caps. Was a nice day

forgot my bottling attatchment for the vacuum pump so had to use the cheap backup transfer pump. Then adjusted the levels down with a straw. Not gonna lie, kinda drunk lol.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
Salute! 🥂
View attachment 96506

Awesome, Andrew. That is heart-warming.

Those are great. Nice work.

Professionally printed?
Thanx. Somehow I’ve still never actually took the time to find a program for at-home label making. I need to. These things add up $ real quick. Typically I‘d get by old school with some scotch tape & a sharpie or recently just the silver metallic sharpie marker. Then slap a a shrink capsule on top for some class and call it a day lol.

Whenever I did do them though I used @Noontime’s website NoonTimeLabels. Always quality. I used their platform on a ‘17 dragons blood with Rosie the Riveter— still my personal favorite label.

This time however we used a site my dad found called Stoney Creek 👍

heres Rosie,0205A70A-C105-4BEA-A752-27BA83F5AB38.jpeg

Awesome, Andrew. That is heart-warming.
It’s all about those homemade Christmas pizzelles! We‘ve always use anissette liqueur since forever but this year we got some true blue anis herb instead for the first time.

Tbh I don’t even notice a difference Lol. But at least it felt more authentic amiright?

And now I got swindled into running a limoncello batch with a small group of neighbor friends Tuesday night. Unfortunately theyre all looking to me for direction! im going with the ol‘ ‘fake it till u make it‘ for this one. 😉

Thanx. Somehow I’ve still never actually took the time to find a program for at-home label making. I need to. These things add up $ real quick. Typically I‘d get by old school with some scotch tape & a sharpie or recently just the silver metallic sharpie marker. Then slap a a shrink capsule on top for some class and call it a day lol.

Whenever I did do them though I used @Noontime’s website NoonTimeLabels. Always quality. I used their platform on a ‘17 dragons blood with Rosie the Riveter— still my personal favorite label.

This time however we used a site my dad found called Stoney Creek 👍

heres Rosie,View attachment 96519
Very nice. I appreciate the response.

Staples told me they can't print labels outside of what is supplied in their print center, and my local print shop hired a crazy lady that I just can't stand to wait for to pull it together. She cost me the price of a $450 6 colour printer. I hope the print quality is there. I am still waiting on delivery.

I was really hoping you were gonna tell me home printed labels are a cinch 😎

Very nice. I appreciate the response.

Staples told me they can't print labels outside of what is supplied in their print center, and my local print shop hired a crazy lady that I just can't stand to wait for to pull it together. She cost me the price of a $450 6 colour printer. I hope the print quality is there. I am still waiting on delivery.

I was really hoping you were gonna tell me home printed labels are a cinch 😎
I bet ya it is easy once ya find the correct material for a decent price.

It’s actually the first time using a website to design labels where what I received was not exactly what I designed and confirmed. It’s minor I guess but still irked me. Especially considerring it ends up costing more than a buck a label and I needed about 100.
It’s very high quality material but f you look close at the blue label the “Nebbiolo” text is all cut off at the top of the letters.

I still used it obviously but I plan to let them know. maybe they’ll offer a discount or something.

*we really should look into finding legit label paper!

It’s minor I guess but still irked me.
This is why I have a printer coming. I have to drive 30 minutes to down. Get them started, go back in to pick them up. Or, risk not seeing what I am paying for and rolling the dice.

I bottled my wine about a month ago, and still no labels. It just feels unfinished. I want the convenience of making a print now, seeing if I like it. Tweaking it, or just printing them and being done with it. I was just worried I couldn't get the quality. I'll update my results for others consideration.

This looks like a good resource. I was stumbling around haven't ordered, yet.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/uses/wholesale-labels

This is why I have a printer coming. I have to drive 30 minutes to down. Get them started, go back in to pick them up. Or, risk not seeing what I am paying for and rolling the dice.

I bottled my wine about a month ago, and still no labels. It just feels unfinished. I want the convenience of making a print now, seeing if I like it. Tweaking it, or just printing them and being done with it. I was just worried I couldn't get the quality. I'll update my results for others consideration.

This looks like a good resource. I was stumbling around haven't ordered, yet.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/uses/wholesale-labels
Thanks for the link. What kind of printer did you purchase btw?

The one difference from the website labels and the print-your-own type sold in some LHBS’s is the overall quality. Im sure if I dig a little I’ll find specifically what they use. They offer choice of either matte or gloss. And choice of waterproof or not. Now, wine sold at the store also varies. Some wine drips down the bottle and the label with stain. so the expensive stuff isnt a dealbreaker or anything. I just dig the types I’ve used to this point.

Is special ink and printer needed or can you use any old printer on any label paper materiel?

Also a while back I also tried finding better capsules too but basically impossible unless using tin capsules and investing in a special mechine to install.

Canon Pixma G620

I figured for the amount I am going to use it I would go cheap, but the cartridges that come with a cheap printer are 1/4 full. so you have to buy cartridges right away. The cost is the same as getting the ink tank and having years of ink. it's probably only $300 US we Canadians pay way more than the exchange rate on comparable goods\ costs in the US

The only other choice in a 6 colour (for deeper richer images) is the Epson 8500 and 8550, I couldn't justify the cost increase.

Most cheaper printers have die ink, which is deeper and better for labels from what I have read. I actually joined a photo forum to ask, and was told go die based.

Last edited:
When I racked our 2020 port (for testing and evaluation, of course), I shifted it into a 3 gallon carboy. I bottled about a gallon and we whipped this label out as out pup had just passed. Of course this is a ruby, but all who got to test it like it. I gave a bottle to my brother to share with his daughter as I wanted her feed back. Later when I ask how she like it, he said she didn't try it as he drank the whole bottle (not in one sitting). Here's our label:

Rowdy Dog port.jpg

I'm working on a little 'rebranding'. I have been looking around the internet to get ideas. I thought I would share what I have got so far. I need 6 for everything I have bottled currently, so I have a couple more to go.

I am aiming for a more professional look and I am likely going to have to order custom printed labels because I can't find print to edge labels in the sizes I want.

Figured I should get feedback before shelling out the cash on a custom order. The hard part is picturing the whites on clear bottles. I really like the Pinot Grigio and think it will work well on a clear bottle, but I wonder if the Pinot Gris design would look better on a red?

View attachment 95859

View attachment 95860

View attachment 95861
View attachment 95862
This is a bit late. But for what it worth, I disagree with Brian on this one. The first label is my favorite. What he calls empty is white space and is as important to a design as the graphic themselves. Although some things could be enlarged for balance. A balance of elements and white space keeps it from looking busy. And the layout leads your eye right down through all the information you want. You don't get frustrated looking for the info. It's Bearclaw, it's Merlot, it's 2022. You might also add the ABV. There are also a lot of great elements in the second one. I like the claw shield, the splash of color, and the Bearclaw font and underline.
I agree with Dave that the bear claw is instantly recognizable. You may want to keep it. Of course there are thing I could suggest to see how they look, and I won't spare you them. First, you might enlarge the claw somewhere between 20-40% or so, and/or make it a bit bolder. You may even try the shield claw in its place. You may want to try the second underlined Bearclaw in the first. I like to include the ABV info as well. Also, my mother request this info. I think she wants to know what she's getting. If you add the ABV in say the bottom right corner, then you can add something like 750ml to balance it out and give the upper elements support, as it were.

This is a bit late. But for what it worth, I disagree with Brian on this one. The first label is my favorite. What he calls empty is white space and is as important to a design as the graphic themselves. Although some things could be enlarged for balance. A balance of elements and white space keeps it from looking busy. And the layout leads your eye right down through all the information you want. You don't get frustrated looking for the info. It's Bearclaw, it's Merlot, it's 2022. You might also add the ABV. There are also a lot of great elements in the second one. I like the claw shield, the splash of color, and the Bearclaw font and underline.
I agree with Dave that the bear claw is instantly recognizable. You may want to keep it. Of course there are thing I could suggest to see how they look, and I won't spare you them. First, you might enlarge the claw somewhere between 20-40% or so, and/or make it a bit bolder. You may even try the shield claw in its place. You may want to try the second underlined Bearclaw in the first. I like to include the ABV info as well. Also, my mother request this info. I think she wants to know what she's getting. If you add the ABV in say the bottom right corner, then you can add something like 750ml to balance it out and give the upper elements support, as it were.
It's actually not late. Still in the design stage. II appreciate your feedback. I have considered most of your recommendations, and it is why I am waiting on a printer. I can test one out and make adjustments, instead of committing to 30.

I will update soon, I hope.

I really like the first one too. I'll post the different versions

This may seem crazy, but when I do print inkjet labels I spray them with my wife's hairspray. Never had them soaking wet, but it seems to work for me. 😃
Not crazy at all. I printed some gold foil "winner" labels for wines awarded with AWS and WineMaker Mag amateur competitions. Inkjet printer inks smear easily, so I use a fixative spray I have used on charcoal drawings (I'm and artist), basically hairspray, only a bit thinner and lighter.

Latest posts

Back