Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL.....updated it, thanks for the catch...AGAIN....

It's a good thing we have so many proficient proofreaders around here. On a recent attempt, I misspelled 'Sauvignon'. That would have been incredibly embarrassing if it'd ended up on a bottle. :slp

Thinking about a label for the DB that I am currently making maybe just calling it Summertime using this picture. I need to work on it some if I use this one though either adding grapes to the design or better a glass of wine.
Joe

Attachments

• summertime.jpg
    summertime.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 76
is there a program for making labels that works well? We use avery labels , and we dont have much detail unlike some of these listed here. Any suggestions?

Bounced the ideas off a few friends and they found it to be extremely funny but all agreed that it made the wine taste better lol

Attachments

• IMG_1179.PNG
    IMG_1179.PNG
    611.5 KB · Views: 114
Bounced the ideas off a few friends and they found it to be extremely funny but all agreed that it made the wine taste better lol

You have friends (plural) that understood that label? I have no idea what that was supposed to mean. Care to enlighten us ignorants?

You have friends (plural) that understood that label? I have no idea what that was supposed to mean. Care to enlighten us ignorants?

Of course I have friends, & I have room for one more also , if you'd be interested in being my friend.
Francis Marion was a general in the revolutionary war. Also known as "The Swamp Fox", the aka stemmed from his gorilla warfare tactics and seemingly ability to disappear into the swamps of South Carolina.
The movie the Patriot was loosely based on Gen. Marion and in the movie the lead character used a "war hawk" in his close quarters combat.
So being a General would have put him in sophisticated class ,or social standing ,but using an hatchet in battle definitely meant he had a savage side. So the caption in my thoughts were to show a sophisticated side, ( that batch of wine matured quickly).
For the war hawk wielding,is meant to reference the savage amount of abv the wine had, because I hadn't made a wine that high before.
The picture I selected was to reference a swamp fox lurking behind a tree.
Thanks for your interest

Back