Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the person "paintbrush101" You can search for him by user name and look at the "gigs" he offers. It wasn't real clear, but for $5 he does the design, but if you want to purchase the graphic file that you will need to then create labels, that will be an additional $10. A bargain still. He takes your input, examples and any graphics you want included.

Thanks, I was going to ask you who you used. Really appreciate it.

Good catch! It's fixed. Wow that would have been upsetting. I've literally read this thing 20 times and other people have too

Last edited:
Interesting! I didn't even know that Italy grew any Viognier. I then went searching for some info, and found this passage below. Prior to this passage, Jancis Robinson was explaining how Viognier fell so far out of favor, that it was almost extinct in its native France, and was not grown anywhere else, for that matter. (See https://www.jancisrobinson.com/learn/grape-varieties/white/viognier ).

Cool article, Paul.

This quote from the article may lead us to put Viognier in the early-drinking list:
"I also find Viognier one of the finest grapes to develop early - by which I mean that I personally treasure its seductive primary aromas and have rarely been impressed by examples more than a few years old. The wines are generally relatively low in acidity which can seem more and more of a problem, to my palate at least, with age."

I have to credit @Boatboy24 (Jim) with the idea of making a Viognier. I heard him mention his Viognier batch and I had never tried Viognier before. So I went to my local wine shop and they only had two and only one wasn't a blend $12 bottle. I brought it home and was extremely happy with it. (especially for the price) The only other Viognier they had was a Chardonnay blend and I was very pleased with it also.

That's how Viognier ended up in my carboy! Thanks Jim! :db

I was just reading back through this thread and I noticed an error. I said Viognier and Chardonnay blend, but that isn't correct. It was a Viognier / Chenin Blanc blend.

We all figured you probably had a couple glasses of wine that night...:D

Nah, not wine that night. It was straight beer drinking, breath stinking, sniffing glue.

....who am I referencing? :D

I'm impressed with many of the designs I've seen. Mine are mainly utilitarian (for identification and a bit of basic info), so they're designed for standard 2" x 4" Avery 8163 shipping labels, and printed on my inexpensive Brother color laser. I do have some different shades of that graphic to drop in depending on the type of wine (darker burgundy for Merlot/Cab/etc., golden/orange for a batch of dry apricot that's currently bulk aging for a few more weeks, lighter yellow-green for some apple wine I plan to make at some point in the future).

But generally speaking, I've chosen to be boring. ;)

winelabels.png

I'm impressed with many of the designs I've seen. Mine are mainly utilitarian (for identification and a bit of basic info), so they're designed for standard 2" x 4" Avery 8163 shipping labels, and printed on my inexpensive Brother color laser. I do have some different shades of that graphic to drop in depending on the type of wine (darker burgundy for Merlot/Cab/etc., golden/orange for a batch of dry apricot that's currently bulk aging for a few more weeks, lighter yellow-green for some apple wine I plan to make at some point in the future).

But generally speaking, I've chosen to be boring. ;)

winelabels.png
Try designing portrait on those 2*4s, they look real goodtia434442731492658265.jpg

Try designing portrait on those 2*4s, they look real goodView attachment 47046

Looks great! I may play around with a portrait orientation. I live in the Linux operating system at home, so I'm using a native Linux app for the labels (gLabels), and I don't think it'll let me bleed to the edge like your label does. But I'll see what I might be able to pull off in terms of design.

I also use Linux, design in Scribus and then use label template in libre office. Export Scribus design to a jpg

I should point out I use the 8.5*11 sheets of labels (10 per page) which is why bleed is not an issue

Latest posts

Back