Post your clusters

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year Marquette veraison started in early July. I was hoping to pick them together with Leon Millot but realized that it was impossible. I picked on August 18th, although there were some over-ripen clusters, but on average the Brix was about right. When you see bugs swarming the clusters, it is time.

Last year Marquette veraison started in early July. I was hoping to pick them together with Leon Millot but realized that it was impossible. I picked on August 18th, although there were some over-ripen clusters, but on average the Brix was about right. When you see bugs swarming the clusters, it is time.
I was just going to write to you as mine started veraison this weekend, so in sync with your experience last year. I need to get nets on them this weekend then will keep an eye on their numbers as you suggest. It will be interesting to see how far behind my Cab Franc is.
3DBAEC54-D73F-4C3B-A6A6-C30078A96358.jpeg

Here's a few of the ones in my yard.

LA3Eytz.jpg

IlxRNFl.jpg

yRjQrFW.jpg

UvoGXgw.jpg

FzmvUD8.jpg

Too bad, done right elderberry makes very good sweet or dry wine.

Got tired of dealing with the green goo and we decided we can make as good or better wine from grapes and for cheaper, plus I don't have to tend to them and pick them. Removed our blackberry plants as well. going to replace with natural occurring, disease resistant flowers.

Wow, haven't checked the thread in a while but thanks for all the replies guys! Cant wait to see some veraison posts. Its been so damn hot here in texas(109 this last monday) all my grapes turned into rubber. Popped one in my mouth and it was like a piece of chewing gum lol.

Here’s mine.
Looking very nice. May I ask about the raisinated grapes on the right of the cluster in the first picture? This is the first year I’m letting grapes ripen and have picked off quite a few of those as I wasn’t sure if they were the result of a fungus. Do you know what causes that?

Latest posts

Back