Post your clusters

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lando545

Reaction score
Post your Clusters and list what variety you have!
I'll Start, Got some Prime Cayuga White Clusters.

Attachments

• 20200331_202937.jpg
    20200331_202937.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
  • 20200331_203009.jpg
    20200331_203009.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
Everything's pretty much back on track @Ricky2Guns . Most of the leaf growth died on my Cuyaga and I'm just now seeing some new leaf growth so that is a relief. My Thompson Seedless/Flame Seedless/Concord (Don't really know which one because it was miss labeled), However still has a couple good clusters on it because it was only partially Frosted. I'm seeing a few little back up clusters coming out that have only like 5 buds on them lol.

ok cool, sounds like you’re rebounding. My son in NY told me they had snow and a tornado watch a week or two ago. Here in El Paso we‘re already hitting 90s and lows in the 60s. Below you’ll see how
far we’ve gotten. I dated it 30 April to save myself time of waiting 3 days to take one on the 30th. I will be documenting progress every two weeks for my own reference. These are my Summer Royals.
3B9A02F6-DD26-47A7-B4F0-884BCB36D14D.jpeg

Wow! Yours are coming right along! I cant wait to see them when they start showing some veraison. Does it get real hot out there in El Paso in the summer? Im 90 miles west of Fort Worth and we were gettings days and weeks 100+Last summer. My vines always come back but they literally just stop functioning during that period.

Yep that's about how hot it gets here but without the humidity. That's why I'll be changing my watering from 2 1/2 gal a week to twice a week. I've already marked my calendar to take pictures every 2 weeks to eventually make a time lapse video. So far no bug issues or fungus. Not sure if fungus is something folks deal with out here in the desert. For now I'll stop looking to cure things I don't have symptoms for 🤣🤣🤣. Overall, I'm pleased with progress so far. Looking forward to seeing some bounce back photos on your progress.

Tempranillo
img_20200628_165745sm-jpg.62957
IMG_20200628_165812sm.jpg

Malbec
IMG_20200628_165839sm.jpgIMG_20200628_165920sm.jpg

IMG_20200628_165946 sm.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200628_165745sm.jpg
    IMG_20200628_165745sm.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_20200628_165812sm.jpg
    IMG_20200628_165812sm.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 3
Very nice, how is the acid profile of your Marquett? And, have you made wine from the Itasca?
This is actually the first year I’ll (hopefully) be getting grapes so I’ll be finding out how they do. The Cab Franc vines are in their fourth year so they are getting an almost full crop. The Marquette and Itasca are only in their second year so I’m letting the most vigorous vines ripen a few clusters but there won’t be too much. @berrycrush is not too far from me and I think got his first Marquette harvest last year so he might be able to speak to what kind of acid he is experiencing with the grape in our region.

Marquette will be somewhat acidic but not nearly as much as Frontenac. Put it though MLF and that should get it within tolerable range. Makes very good wine, but let it age for at least a year or more

This is actually the first year I’ll (hopefully) be getting grapes so I’ll be finding out how they do. The Cab Franc vines are in their fourth year so they are getting an almost full crop. The Marquette and Itasca are only in their second year so I’m letting the most vigorous vines ripen a few clusters but there won’t be too much. @berrycrush is not too far from me and I think got his first Marquette harvest last year so he might be able to speak to what kind of acid he is experiencing with the grape in our region.
My last year's marquette is just right in term of acid. PH around 3.2 ( I didn't do TA ), just like a good Pinot Noir, enough acid but not too much, and it tastes like a Pinot too. Keep watch after the veraison, it can go very fast to high SG's ( Some part of my vines went to 29 )

Wow my Marquettes never get to 29 brix. This year they are couple of week behind past years for efflorescence. Keeping fingers crossed that summer finally gets here and vines ripen.

My last year's marquette is just right in term of acid. PH around 3.2 ( I didn't do TA ), just like a good Pinot Noir, enough acid but not too much, and it tastes like a Pinot too. Keep watch after the veraison, it can go very fast to high SG's ( Some part of my vines went to 29 )
Good to know; I’ll keep an eye on mine this year. I think you were at 19-24 brix around August 10 last year then shot up to 25-30 in a week or so? When would you ideally have liked to picked them? And do you recall when veraison started?

Back