Post extensions - source

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a piece of galvanized steel with hole drilled in them. I would suggest a short steel post or piece of flat iron with holes. search for hardware stores or recycle steel locations

Alternate just add a two by four inch piece of lumber to top of pole. I would shave the pole flat on the top so that wood extension was flat against the pole and then use lag screws to fasten.

Good luck

Yep. Looks kinda like u-post material. ACE hardware and other hardware/farm supply stores should carry u-posts. Most of what I've seen are enamel green ones, rather than galvanized ones. The painted ones should last a long time...galvanized a lot longer, though. You might look for companies that construct or provide construction materials for metal buildings, barns, warehouses, etc., as they may have material they use to attach metal sheeting to that would work in the same way as u-posts. A circular saw with a metal cutting blade would make short work of cutting a length of this material to ever how long you wanted them to be. Seems it would be *much* cheaper than those 2' extensions. :)

Latest posts

Back