Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that in NM? Seems super green.
Yep. Paako Ridge GC behind the Sandia Mountains in ABQ. Maybe the best kept private/public course in NM. Green fees are steep. Grass like this will be dead in 7 days unless irrigated constantly. Kinda like.......... Arizona.

Joist day! Got up at 7, wolfed down a slice of cold pizza, filled the jug with Pepsi, and attacked by 7:30 a.m.

IMG_3145.JPG

IMG_3148.JPG

Every joist will be tied in to the piers in 3 places with hurricane ties. I have just the corners tied in now.

IMG_3150.JPG

Supposed to rain tomorrow, so an off day maybe. But this progress is not too bad for an old man working alone for 3 days.

Thanks. Posts are 2 feet down on 8-inch concrete footers and have concrete around them (Code here is 8-inch deep footers. Period). I wanted a contractor to do this, but all of them want to do a floating deck. Floats on the top. In other words, a sail in high winds. SMH...
You're lucky! Here in NH we typically go down 4 or 5' to avoid frost problems.

You're lucky! Here in NH we typically go down 4 or 5' to avoid frost problems.

Yup, I grew up in northern Illinois, where it's the same. Pipe bury depth here is 2 feet (though I use 3 feet when I'm doing it, cuz we do get the occasional week of zero weather).

Latest posts

Back