Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long term my friend, long term..
Here’s the new toy that will bring Tesla and Elon Musk to the next era, I think this is a huge ticket:

Am I the only one that sees robots and thinks... WHY?

Much of Sci-fi has turned out to be more omen than imagination.

If you look at human history, robots are not the missing link from our current level of dysfunction to complete and utter bliss. We currently can all find a place, a job to make ourselves useful, and a way to build a life. BUT, this society is not kind to those who do not participate. We are already losing purpose to simple things like self check out.

Where do you fit in when you are obsolete?

Am I the only one that sees robots and thinks... WHY?

Much of Sci-fi has turned out to be more omen than imagination.

If you look at human history, robots are not the missing link from our current level of dysfunction to complete and utter bliss. We currently can all find a place, a job to make ourselves useful, and a way to build a life. BUT, this society is not kind to those who do not participate. We are already losing purpose to simple things like self check out.

Where do you fit in when you are obsolete?

I used to ask the question myself and then realize this will be reality no matter what; if we think about it can you imagine the world without the advanced computing systems from nowadays and how chip technology has revolutionized everything. Robots are everywhere, now they can even vaccum your floor at the scheduled times....lol

It is just a matter of time where we will see these robots as humanoids in our homes, doing tasks and automating things everywhere. No Skynet, but close enough? Look at wehat AI is doing now, just imagine in 5 or 10 years, ufff......

Long term my friend, long term..
Here’s the new toy that will bring Tesla and Elon Musk to the next era, I think this is a huge ticket:

I look at that video and think just how far behind Tesla is compared to Hyundai (Boston Dynamics). But maybe they can catch up given enough time.

I used to ask the question myself and then realize this will be reality no matter what; if we think about it can you imagine the world without the advanced computing systems from nowadays and how chip technology has revolutionized everything. Robots are everywhere, now they can even vaccum your floor at the scheduled times....lol

It is just a matter of time where we will see these robots as humanoids in our homes, doing tasks and automating things everywhere. No Skynet, but close enough? Look at wehat AI is doing now, just imagine in 5 or 10 years, ufff......
Or maybe Sarah Conners is a better role model than Elon Musk?

I look at that video and think just how far behind Tesla is compared to Hyundai (Boston Dynamics). But maybe they can catch up given enough time.

Many people say the same, however what one needs to look at is when Tesla started this project compared to Boston Dynamics and look how much they achieved..!! Lots of young engineers playing their ace cards. So putting this into perspective, I think they're far ahead.

Many people say the same, however what one needs to look at is when Tesla started this project compared to Boston Dynamics and look how much they achieved..!! Lots of young engineers playing their ace cards. So putting this into perspective, I think they're far ahead.

I disagree that this is the metric one needs to look at.

I disagree that they are far ahead.

Or maybe Sarah Conners is a better role model than Elon Musk?

And man, we KNOW what "tasks" the robots will be doing, based on the geek tech developments on the web and what drove every one of those! :p Imagine: You can turn her on no matter how geeky you are ... and then turn her off afterward! 🤣

I disagree that this is the metric one needs to look at.

I disagree that they are far ahead.

Optimus was basically announced last year. Very young project compared to Boston Dynamics which has been developing their robots for maybe decades?

So in your opinion what’s the metric?
You guys are questioning my remarks and brought up Boston Dynamics stating Tesla has a lot to catch-up, which I disagree. The metrics I used is based on that comparison merely.

And man, we KNOW what "tasks" the robots will be doing, based on the geek tech developments on the web and what drove every one of those! :p Imagine: You can turn her on no matter how geeky you are ... and then turn her off afterward! 🤣

I hear those “female” robots exists today 😀

So in your opinion what’s the metric?

IMHO, the metric is the performance of the robot. This isn't some Special Olympics for new robots.

You guys are questioning my remarks and brought up Boston Dynamics stating Tesla has a lot to catch-up, which I disagree. The metrics I used is based on that comparison merely.
No, you used a metric that included some handicapping depending on the age of the development of the two efforts. That is not "based on that comparison merely."

As I said, it is possible that Tesla could catch up given enough time. But compare these videos:

vs.

One of those "bots" walks like me after a long day of wine tasting in Paso!

IMHO, the metric is the performance of the robot. This isn't some Special Olympics for new robots.

No, you used a metric that included some handicapping depending on the age of the development of the two efforts. That is not "based on that comparison merely."

As I said, it is possible that Tesla could catch up given enough time. But compare these videos:

vs.

vs.

Again, cannot compare the 2, really, not yet. This is again like comparing a new baby born versus a developed child. One crawls and the other walks.
Putting things in perspective, Tesla Bot may seem far behind if you look at the videos you posted, but taking the time the 2 projects have been in place, Tesla is far ahead in my opinion. Those Boston Dynamics robot's maneuvers are obviously pre-programmed.

Let's watch Tesla Bot "catch-up", just a matter of a "short time".

Latest posts

Back