Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I hope I can afford a trip to HI at some point in the future 👀
Retirement doesn't suck this week for sure! We like HI. Have a few more islands to visit still like Kona. Being on the West coast to start with helps with a shorter (and less costly) trip for sure. Been to the Bahama's (not going back). Been to Cancun (never going back there either). But Hawaii. We will be back every couple years more than likely. Since we travel most often with BFF's we can do a VBRO or Air BNB and save $$$ by splitting cost.

Been to Cancun (never going back there either)

Landed here, but didn't stay. I wouldn't even fly in again. Not sure what crowd it's geared for. Definitely the all inclusive crowd, likely the wasted out of your mind crew, too

Mexico is pretty low on the return visit list. But the Yucatan is definitely out.

Looking at Costa Rica for next winter.

I think you'll like it.
Almost went with my yoga class but we didn't have enough people sign up for the good rates. We would have stayed at a yoga retreat somewhere in the jungle. I checked on line - beautiful place - but the biggest complaint was that people had a hard time sleeping because of the howler monkeys. That's hilarious!

When I lived in Hawaii, we only went to Waikiki when people came to visit. Can't imagine how bad it is today.
Friday morning coffee and pastry's on the lanai as they say in these parts! Heading over to do the USS Arizona Memorial tour at Pearl Harbor later this AM.View attachment 100577View attachment 100578View attachment 100579
When I lived near Pearl Harbor it would take an hour to drive 20 miles to my job near the North Shore. I am sure traffic is even worse now than it was in the 1980's.

Landed here, but didn't stay. I wouldn't even fly in again. Not sure what crowd it's geared for. Definitely the all inclusive crowd, likely the wasted out of your mind crew, too

Mexico is pretty low on the return visit list. But the Yucatan is definitely out.

Heard good things about Costa Rica.

Have you considered Punta Cana?

Yes, but everyday I hear things like do you know in Costa Rica they have....

One day it was look at this amazing sushi place.

Ooo isn't this place in the mountains cute.

Look at this view! And this place is only $2000 a month.

I feel the decision has been made, and I will get an opinion in the future?

Lets see watch shows 19,000 steps and 7.5 miles and its only 130PM here.........

Made the hike up to Diamond Head State Monument. Worth the effort for sure just make sure you get an early start, take water and now days you need a reservation (online) unless you are a local. Beautiful views from the top for sure! Stopped on the way back and treated ourselves to a well deserved breakfast. Pancakes with lemon/lillykoi (passionfruit) toping!

ba9689cb-ee6d-4c5e-afb1-cfbcd5d2fd35.jpgIMG_9659.jpegIMG_9661.jpegIMG_9662.jpegIMG_9672.jpegIMG_9673.jpegIMG_9674.jpegIMG_9678.jpegIMG_3079.JPG

Yes, but everyday I hear things like do you know in Costa Rica they have....

One day it was look at this amazing sushi place.

Ooo isn't this place in the mountains cute.

Look at this view! And this place is only $2000 a month.

I feel the decision has been made, and I will get an opinion in the future?

Huge US expat population there, as you can live very well on Social Security checks alone, and they have a national healthcare system that IIRC, you can get on after a year's residence. Healthcare there is good. Plus, it's an easy flight home. I had considered it for retirement.

Back