Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a local body shop today, talking to the owner, who is in his late 70s, as he sat behind the counter about a clapped out 1969 Fairlane fastback he had in a side lot along with a bunch of other old junkers.

ME: You mind if I go look at your Fairlanes and Torinos? I'm looking for a battery tray bracket.

HIM: I ain't gonna have it! That's the first thing that rusts out on 'em.

ME: I don't need the tray, just the bracket.

HIM: Well, I can save ya a lot of steps, cuz I ain't got it.

ME: But you don't mind if I wander down there and look?

HIM: Nah, I don't care, if you wanna walk all that way then go look.

Ya gotta love these crusty old curmudgeons... 😄 These brackets were only used on big-block cars and they are getting real hard to find.

IMG_20230206_122138532.jpg

Not getting any better. Two days of heavy wet snow, a little rain, a little ice and the trees are really stressed. And more is on the way. Lots of power outages throughout the state.

View attachment 97868

View attachment 97869
We occasionally get an early snow. One year it was Sept 3! Heavy, sloppy and miserable. Trees bent right over. It's no fun. I'll take -10 all winter long. unfortunately it averages out between -50 and plus 10.

“There are approximately 3.5 million recipes for sancocho (the number of Dominican households)”

I looked up some recipes and found this😂. I’ll definitely be making it.
I made it after Geek posted it earlier in the year. It was good, but yes, hard to decide what recipe to follow with so much variation.

We were fortunate to catch one of the last overwintering groups of sandhill cranes at Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge in northern Alabama today. There were about 150 birds or so in this one. Annually, about 14,000 sandhill cranes overwinter at Wheeler. We also saw gulls, wood ducks, mallards and Canada geese, among other birds. My wife lived in Albuquerque for three years and so she has now seen the western migration and the eastern migration. They are distinct subspecies of the cranes that then blend together when they stage to spend summers in Canada. Next year, we'll be sure to make it in January! A very fun day.

IMG_3003.JPG

IMG_2989.JPG

IMG_3014.JPG

IMG_3004.JPG

IMG_2983.JPG

We have lots of species that over winter, but the cranes, geese, and hummingbirds all have no interest in winter. It must take them months to get this far north.

We are so thick in the midst of winter that I'm going south! 😄
We have had a heat wave in Minnesnowta this week - mid-30s (F) and some of the snowpack is melting!

The crazy thing is March is usually our snowiest month. So it's good that some of the existing snowpack (and it's a lot this year!) melts before then.

We have had a heat wave in Minnesnowta this week - mid-30s (F) and some of the snowpack is melting!

The crazy thing is March is usually our snowiest month. So it's good that some of the existing snowpack (and it's a lot this year!) melts before then.
We have nothing for snow this year. about a 6 inch base. We have had the warmth this week, though. 10 degrees above was the warmest we got.

Latest posts

Back