Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happen to wake up at 4:28 am and saw these two munching on my grass, another pair
were on the neighbors finishing off their (so-called) bird feeders. Spent another 10 minutes
watching this buck and the other one butting heads for awhile for dominance of the bird feeders.

1674485176925.png

Not getting any better. Two days of heavy wet snow, a little rain, a little ice and the trees are really stressed. And more is on the way. Lots of power outages throughout the state.

View attachment 97868

View attachment 97869

Dude, where is YOUR SNOWMAN??? You could do a 10-foot Sasquatch with that much snow! 😄 Time to be a boy again! Got a snowmobile? I hope so!!!

Dude, where is YOUR SNOWMAN??? You could do a 10-foot Sasquatch with that much snow! 😄 Time to be a boy again! Got a snowmobile? I hope so!!!
Nope, no snowmobile. Don't ski or do the ice fishing thing either. Really not a big fan of winter. If I had my way I'd be down in VA or West VA. But the little lady won't even think about it - and I've tried for years.:mad: As for the Sasquatch snowman ....... Rolling the balls is easy. It's trying to lift them up that makes me realize I'm not 20 years old anymore ...... or 30 ....... or 40........or 50 ....... :)

After an insane number of hours, The Bruiser's cooling system looks darned near factory! 1969 Fairlane engine bay, 1971 Mercury 429 engine, 1969 4-core big block radiator, Derale flex fan, dirt track 1/2" fan spacer, modern universal a/c pump, custom a/c bracket, 1969 4-core radiator mounted 1-1/2 inches forward of stock, 1987 E350 upper radiator hose, GM style single wire alternator modified with a Ford front casing.

IMG_2969.JPG

IMG_2972.JPG

IMG_2974.JPG

IMG_2977.JPG

IMG_2975.JPG

After an insane number of hours, The Bruiser's cooling system looks darned near factory! 1969 Fairlane engine bay, 1971 Mercury 429 engine, 1969 4-core big block radiator, Derale flex fan, dirt track 1/2" fan spacer, modern universal a/c pump, custom a/c bracket, 1969 4-core radiator mounted 1-1/2 inches forward of stock, 1987 E350 upper radiator hose, GM style single wire alternator modified with a Ford front casing.

View attachment 98028

View attachment 98029

View attachment 98030

View attachment 98031

View attachment 98032

Hey, looks great! Well done.

It's a minor point, but I am glad you were able to find the fan in black.

The finished look will be period correct "hot rod," with nice wheels, black hood with a stock scoop. Here's sort of – but not exactly – the look I'm after on a '71 Fairlane.

[snip]

It's a sort of nostalgia project. I owned and rodded a '68 Torino, the same body style, when I was a teen.

I also wanted to say that I like the concept. I tend to think only of period-correct restoration vs. restomod. (And I lean toward the restomod camp.) But there is a lot to say for the concept of "not concours restoration, but something my 18-year-old self would have loved to have had."

I think you know I did an LS-swap on a BMW. I still think if there is another similar project in me, it will be a restomod, LS-swap on a sixties or seventies (or fifties!) GM product. But a nostalgic hot rod is pretty cool (if a bit too hard for me! :) )!

View attachment 98028

View attachment 98029

View attachment 98030

View attachment 98031

View attachment 98032
Looks really nice, please let us know what happens when you try to start it up. :db :db

Latest posts

Back