Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For you, you should look to invest in the company and not the warrants. PSNY.

In 2008-09, I bought F stock for $1.60 a share. Because everybody KNEW Ford was going to go broke like GM did. But I knew they wouldn't, as they had arranged financing already to carry them through. I also bought DE at $35, because everybody knew the farm economy was going to collapse.

In times like these there's a choice: Get all political and moan and wring your hands, or scrounge around to bottom-feed for 10 years down the road. In 2008-09, I didn't bitch and moan about GWB handing me a once in a lifetime opportunity. I BOUGHT!

And like I said, if you don't have a retail account you are missing out on the true benefits of investing, including lower capital gain taxes and losses offsetting taxes. Anyway... I sold a bunch of F stock at $18 and $20, and I just looked and I am still up 507.4% on what's left at $11.21. Your mileage may vary.

Under edit: I forgot the Deere, now $333.89.
Oh, you two.

You guys wanna borrow my ruler?

giffy.gif

For you, you should look to invest in the company and not the warrants. PSNY.

In 2008-09, I bought F stock for $1.60 a share. Because everybody KNEW Ford was going to go broke like GM did. But I knew they wouldn't, as they had arranged financing already to carry them through. I also bought DE at $35, because everybody knew the farm economy was going to collapse.

In times like these there's a choice: Get all political and moan and wring your hands, or scrounge around to bottom-feed for 10 years down the road. In 2008-09, I didn't bitch and moan about GWB handing me a once in a lifetime opportunity. I BOUGHT!

And like I said, if you don't have a retail account you are missing out on the true benefits of investing, including lower capital gain taxes and losses offsetting taxes. Anyway... I sold a bunch of F stock at $18 and $20, and I just looked and I am still up 507.4% on what's left at $11.21. Your mileage may vary.

Under edit: I forgot the Deere, now $333.89.
I don't understand why there is so much mystery associated with the stock market and investing wisely. I follow Will Rogers' advice:

"Buy good stocks when they are low, when they go up, sell them. If they don't go up, don't buy them!"

Wife and I are out in Phoenix area for a wedding. Decided on Sunday to drive up to Sedona then the plan was to go on to the Grand Canyon. Spent so much time enjoying the views and company of our children (all grown) didn't make it up to the Canyon. Next time, I guess. Also visited Chapel of the Cross. Amazing place.

PXL_20221002_213329791.jpg
PXL_20221002_194623034.MP.jpg
PXL_20221002_193154571.MP~2.jpg

Wife and I are out in Phoenix area for a wedding. Decided on Sunday to drive up to Sedona then the plan was to go on to the Grand Canyon. Spent so much time enjoying the views and company of our children (all grown) didn't make it up to the Canyon. Next time, I guess. Also visited Chapel of the Cross. Amazing place.
Those photos would make great backgrounds for wine labels .....

Say whatever you want and say this is political, but I guess that shows where you’re coming from.

I criticize whoever is on top and whatever time, both sides, I care less. This is not political and don’t bring it to that arena so your friend here don’t start panicking…

But all in all, I guess some people want to give it a blind side, just because they’re blind when it is not convenient for them.

But FACTS are FACTS, period!

If someone is gonna invest, then the investor should take advantage of the opportunities provided to do so at a reasonable price, always keeping in mind that money expands and contracts, as does the stock market (i.e., what comes up does go down, and vice-versa).

GWB was in office when the greatest opportunity to build wealth in my lifetime occurred. That's about as political as I got with my post. Now Joe Biden is in office, and while the opportunity has not been as great (maybe "yet" should be added), I still know when a stock is beaten down past its true value in a healthy economy and when investing is wise for someone who has a 10-year horizon.

Every storm runs out of rain. I have never invested with politics as a consideration in the decision. But I have identified industry-leading stocks that are beaten all to hell right now that will come back when the Fed backs off. I don't subscribe to doom and gloom, I subscribe to seeking opportunity and alpha. That's all I was saying. Yep, I am down 30+ percent from the PEAK right now. But I am still way, way, way UP over where I was when I was shoveling money in during the Great Recession. That's called the "magic of compounding."

Good luck in your investing.

Latest posts

Back