Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck in all Jim!

This economy is doomed 🤬🤬
Worst we’ve seen in a long time after 2009.

My 401-k lost about 25% just last year alone and look what we got now. I think I’m down over 30% now for the last year and a half.

Just unbelievable and I’m so pissed 😤
Same here. This is not funny! :tz

Especially with the people that govern us that don’t know anything or know crap about economic factors.
You cannot make this up, it’s ok to have a slow down in a short period of time, but NOT a steady downward.!!

I don’t expect to see my retirement plan going up every single month, but boy this is no fun for a year and a half.

I thought last year was bad but this is just out of control for God’s sake.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Phew! What luck putting the right shirt on in the morning. How is the ride in a blimp? Slow, I would imagine.
Sorry. Just saw your reply. It’s nice. Yes slow, although we covered a lot of ground in an hour Feels like what it is…an airship. Kind of a floating feeling with some yaw and roll. The new airship is quieter and bigger than the old. Seems crazy as we had a window open the whole time.

I expect this package will arrive sometime early last week. :slp

View attachment 93147
You could have sent it usps.😊 A friend of mine found some golf shoes that they wouldn’t ship to Belgium. He shipped them to my house and I shipped them usps 1st class package to him. Started in late July..they made it to Belgium August 3rd. Then back to Chicago, then NY, Portugal, Briussels, NY, Brussels again. We’ve both callled. USPS says they turned the package over to Belgium post, Belgium says the US never gave it to them. USPS says since I “only” sent it 1st class, they don’t track it out of the US and I can’t file a claim. 🤣D76EA437-D2B2-4FA1-9E00-41CD73E327B7.pngC7E9E0D5-BA7A-4523-A9A0-8D6B1338044F.png4B82BAB6-1351-4231-9D82-E7483CA7924A.png

Good luck in all Jim!

This economy is doomed 🤬🤬
Worst we’ve seen in a long time after 2009.

My 401-k lost about 25% just last year alone and look what we got now. I think I’m down over 30% now for the last year and a half.

Just unbelievable and I’m so pissed 😤

"Be bold when others are fearful and fearful when others are bold." - Warren Buffett

The stock market is like the weather. It has storms and it also has seasons. This is a time (through maybe 2023) where future wealth is going to be created. Polestar is owned by Volvo. They have actually produced and sold cars. The stock is around a buck. Shrug. I'm not going crazy over it, but if it rises to $2.05 later I have doubled my money.

I made my money in 2008-2009, when no one else was buying. I was eating Ramen noodles and cutting every corner to shovel every spare dime I could save into the market then. People told me I was crazy to my face. Storms and seasons.

Besides a 401(k), every investor should have a retail stock account, so he or she can reap the benefits of loss as well as gain. That's half the game, right there.

Last edited:
"Be bold when others are fearful and fearful when others are bold." - Warren Buffett

The stock market is like the weather. It has storms and it also has seasons. This is a time (through maybe 2023) where future wealth is going to be created. Polestar is owned by Volvo. They have actually produced and sold cars. The stock is around a buck. Shrug. I'm not going crazy over it, but if it rises to $2.05 later I have doubled my money.

I made my money in 2008-2009, when no one else was buying. I was eating Ramen noodles and cutting every corner to shovel every spare dime I could save into the market then. People told me I was crazy to my face. Storms and seasons.

Besides a 401(k), every investor should have a retail stock account, so he or she can reap the benefits of loss as well as gain. That's half the game, right there.
Polestar closed at $5.06 on Friday -its lowest in years.

Varis, take a deep breath, a large sip of wine, and chill. We all know you have some good wine (or beer). Indulge.

Do what I do -- focus on the positive things in life, deal with the stuff that can be dealt with, and don't let things you cannot change consume you. Happiness is a decision -- make that decision.

I'm going to Costco tomorrow morning -- if that box set is available, I'm buying 4.

Varis, take a deep breath, a large sip of wine, and chill. We all know you have some good wine (or beer). Indulge.

Do what I do -- focus on the positive things in life, deal with the stuff that can be dealt with, and don't let things you cannot change consume you. Happiness is a decision -- make that decision.

I'm going to Costco tomorrow morning -- if that box set is available, I'm buying 4.
Got me one this morning. Was the last one or I would have got two! Cant wait to try it.

Agree with portions of this, mostly when trading as you implied, although not every American can trade stock especially now when many many people cannot even make up for the high rise cost in food due to this never ending inflation.
For me that statement is not relevant when we talk about a retirement plan since one is not supposed to look at it, as they say, but difficult times like this, one cannot avoid looking at it. It’s a daily pain in the rear combined with food costs. I just hear friends cringing all the time and swearing 🤬 on how this economy has been going, so I guess I’m not alone.

Now talking about the Polestar, at that price I was actually looking into it the other day, very tempting but we’ll see.
I just got into Tesla long term, but Polestar may be on my radar.

I'm invested in the spac warrants... and note, at this price the market cap is still almost $11 billion.

View attachment 93542
You're looking at

Polestar Automotive Holding UK PLC ADR Class C-1 ADS (ADW) PSNYW​

I'm looking at

Polestar Automotive Holding UK PLC ADR Class A PSNY​

Bryan, thanks, that’s all we can do right now ☹️

Agree with portions of this, mostly when trading as you implied, although not every American can trade stock especially now when many many people cannot even make up for the high rise cost in food due to this never ending inflation.
For me that statement is not relevant when we talk about a retirement plan since one is not supposed to look at it, as they say, but difficult times like this, one cannot avoid looking at it. It’s a daily pain in the rear combined with food costs. I just hear friends cringing all the time and swearing 🤬 on how this economy has been going, so I guess I’m not alone.

Now talking about the Polestar, at that price I was actually looking into it the other day, very tempting but we’ll see.
I just got into Tesla long term, but Polestar may be on my radar.
For you, you should look to invest in the company and not the warrants. PSNY.

In 2008-09, I bought F stock for $1.60 a share. Because everybody KNEW Ford was going to go broke like GM did. But I knew they wouldn't, as they had arranged financing already to carry them through. I also bought DE at $35, because everybody knew the farm economy was going to collapse.

In times like these there's a choice: Get all political and moan and wring your hands, or scrounge around to bottom-feed for 10 years down the road. In 2008-09, I didn't bitch and moan about GWB handing me a once in a lifetime opportunity. I BOUGHT!

And like I said, if you don't have a retail account you are missing out on the true benefits of investing, including lower capital gain taxes and losses offsetting taxes. Anyway... I sold a bunch of F stock at $18 and $20, and I just looked and I am still up 507.4% on what's left at $11.21. Your mileage may vary.

Under edit: I forgot the Deere, now $333.89.

For you, you should look to invest in the company and not the warrants. PSNY.

In 2008-09, I bought F stock for $1.60 a share. Because everybody KNEW Ford was going to go broke like GM did. But I knew they wouldn't, as they had arranged financing already to carry them through. I also bought DE at $35, because everybody knew the farm economy was going to collapse.

In times like these there's a choice: Get all political and moan and wring your hands, or scrounge around to bottom-feed for 10 years down the road. In 2008-09, I didn't bitch and moan about GWB handing me a once in a lifetime opportunity. I BOUGHT!

And like I said, if you don't have a retail account you are missing out on the true benefits of investing, including lower capital gain taxes and losses offsetting taxes. Anyway... I sold a bunch of F stock at $18 and $20, and I just looked and I am still up 507.4% on what's left at $11.21. Your mileage may vary.

Under edit: I forgot the Deere, now $333.89.

Say whatever you want and say this is political, but I guess that shows where you’re coming from.

I criticize whoever is on top and whatever time, both sides, I care less. This is not political and don’t bring it to that arena so your friend here don’t start panicking…

But all in all, I guess some people want to give it a blind side, just because they’re blind when it is not convenient for them.

But FACTS are FACTS, period!

Latest posts

Back