Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ibglowin - We're supposed to be hit with the season's strongest monsoon system tomorrow through saturday or sunday, flash flooding expected from Phoenix all the way up through Flagstaff. Are you expecting the same? This is a black and white taken last week. Much more dramatic than the color versions from the same shoot.
BWmonsoonSM.jpg

But when I see these cheap prices at Costco I tell myself why would I ever want to make wine!!!
For the sheer pleasure of making wine. There is nothing I can buy (not just wine) that will produce a better feeling of satisfaction than the things I make.

Most of the frequent posters on WMT are "builders". We make stuff -- from wine to food to photographs to other stuff. It's what we do. That's probably why I enjoy this forum so much -- it's frequented by like-minded people. We're all very different, but we have that "builder" mentality in common.

The articles doesn't give a single "demand" figure. It's all about wait times for delivery.. All that proves is that Tesla isn't producing enough vehicles. Tesla has averaged 36-40k vehicles per month so far this year delivered to the US market. Ford put out nearly 60,000 F- series pickups in the month of June alone. Tesla's still a wannabe in the vehicle market. Elon has a looong way to go before he's up there with the big boys.

For the sheer pleasure of making wine. There is nothing I can buy (not just wine) that will produce a better feeling of satisfaction than the things I make.

Most of the frequent posters on WMT are "builders". We make stuff -- from wine to food to photographs to other stuff. It's what we do. That's probably why I enjoy this forum so much -- it's frequented by like-minded people. We're all very different, but we have that "builder" mentality in common.

Oh I know, trust me, I love the hobby....but for other personal reasons I needed to stop.

The articles doesn't give a single "demand" figure. It's all about wait times for delivery.. All that proves is that Tesla isn't producing enough vehicles. Tesla has averaged 36-40k vehicles per month so far this year delivered to the US market. Ford put out nearly 60,000 F- series pickups in the month of June alone. Tesla's still a wannabe in the vehicle market. Elon has a looong way to go before he's up there with the big boys.

Yes they cannot keep up with demand and that got worse with chips shortages and such, just wait until Giga Texas comes to full production, plus the other Giga factories in China and Germany....
Check how many reservations the ugly Cybertruck has and compare against your big boys...and one cannot compare apples to oranges, how many years has Ford been selling vehicles.....hmmm decades and decades, or a century? Tesla is just merely scratching the skin, give it a couple years but for now give it a look at their financials....$16 versus $900, to me that says a LOT.

The F150 may be the only lung they have to survive, a pickup, which Tesla does not make a pickup as of yet. Just wait patient my friend....just a couple more years.

Yes they cannot keep up with demand and that got worse with chips shortages and such, just wait until Giga Texas comes to full production, plus the other Giga factories in China and Germany....
Check how many reservations the ugly Cybertruck has and compare against your big boys...and one cannot compare apples to oranges, how many years has Ford been selling vehicles.....hmmm decades and decades, or a century? Tesla is just merely scratching the skin, give it a couple years but for now give it a look at their financials....$16 versus $900, to me that says a LOT.

The F150 may be the only lung they have to survive, a pickup, which Tesla does not make a pickup as of yet. Just wait patient my friend....just a couple more years.
I think Musk is spread too thin. He's going in too many directions at once and at too fast a pace. And that means he's letting a lot of other people make a whole host of vitally important business and production decisions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/20/business/tesla-stock-elon-musk.html

Yep we have had the best monsoon season in probably 30 years this Summer and Saturday is supposed to be a huge monsoon day. We got multiple rains yesterday, one early this morning as well and perhaps more tonight before the big weekend event moves in. To bad we lost 800,000 acres of forrest back in May-June due to drought/wildfire. Now those burn scars are being inundated with flash floods like you would not believe.

Went to dinner last night in Santa fe at some friends and dined alfresco out on the portal. It rained for almost two hours. Got cold enough to light a fire in their outdoor kiva fireplace as we tried to stay warm during the evening.

Crazy (but wonderful) weather as of late.

@ibglowin - We're supposed to be hit with the season's strongest monsoon system tomorrow through saturday or sunday, flash flooding expected from Phoenix all the way up through Flagstaff. Are you expecting the same? This is a black and white taken last week. Much more dramatic than the color versions from the same shoot.
View attachment 91875

Latest posts

Back