Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I hope they do, knowing how well Tesla has done with the online purchase experience, it is a set price from the manufacturer and no middle guy in between. One can argue that will kill jobs, but then how many jobs has the Amazon model killed....

Literally everything is online, I don't even go to malls nowadays or any physical stores, I know many folks still like that model but we as humans need to adapt to changes, otherwise you get behind for sure, which is everyone's choice obviously.
Online buying is fine for a lot of items. But then there are those things that I would definitely want to see, touch and try out before I commit to buying them - and vehicles is at the top of the list. I just can't imagine buying a vehicle without see and test driving it at a dealership.

Online buying is fine for a lot of items. But then there are those things that I would definitely want to see, touch and try out before I commit to buying them - and vehicles is at the top of the list. I just can't imagine buying a vehicle without see and test driving it at a dealership.

Tesla and I presume other manufacturers like Rivian have showrooms available as well, this is how friends of mine purchased their cars, tested, drove around and placed an order. The car in the demo room is the same car they got delivered.

When I placed an order for mine back in July 2017 I had no clue of what the model 3 looked in person. A year later exactly, July 2018, got the car delivered and zero regrets.

I found this rather interesting considering the push on EVs.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?Open Menu

Which one of the following best describes your experience with electric vehicles?

I don't have one, and I'm not interested
63%

I have one (or more), and I like it
5%

I have one (or more), but I don't like it
2%

I don't have one, but I plan to
26%

I haven't heard of these
5%

Based on 1,652,202 responses

Brian, not to get into the debate on one side or the other, I’m more interested in all the particulars of the survey… it’s meaningless without knowing all the parameters of who, what, when, where, why, how and for how long. Pull back the curtain!

Brian, not to get into the debate on one side or the other, I’m more interested in all the particulars of the survey… it’s meaningless without knowing all the parameters of who, what, when, where, why, how and for how long. Pull back the curtain!
Unfortunately, I have no idea what went into this survey. I was poking around on the net yesterday and ran across a site that had hundreds of survey questions and results. I don't let Google save my history and I have no idea what site I was on. I've tried searching for it, but no luck!

Statistics and surveys are the best way to present a false impression without actually lying, so I'm with David -- I trust neither.

A while back a friend was in a dither because some item of interest to her was reported as increasing by 10x in the course of 1 year. I don't recall the exact details, but it was something like 1 person in 100 million was affected last year, and 10 were affected this year, which is a 10x increase -- from 0.000001% affected to 0.000010%.

This has nothing to do with EV, but hopefully explains the problem associated with not knowing the background of statistics and surveys.

That said, the numbers in Brian's post seem reasonable, based upon the folks I know, although the count of those having one is lower (regardless if they like it or not).

I think you nailed it. I don't want to sound bias since I own an EV, Tesla specifically.
For obvious reasons there may be folks who bought an EV and regret it or just do not like it, simple life stuff. But I can bet the vast majority who drive an EV will most likely like it and stay in the "EV wagon" (if they can afford it).

I'm talking about my own personal experience here but also can echo our CT group, but once you drive an EV the experience is night and day. I understand there are haters out there and especially now since prices of any car is jacked up to the roof, but again one cannot start throwing garbage out there against something without really having the experience.

So back to that "survey" he posted, so hard to believe and I can smell the negativity of whomever wrote that on the web somewhere.

That is just so hard to believe....
Go to an EV forum and make the survey, I think the answers will be much different. Hard to judge a meal if you never try it....
You're most likely correct!

"Are people happy with their electric vehicles?
According to the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Electric Vehicle Experience (EVX) Ownership Study, satisfaction among first-time electric vehicle (EV) buyers (754 on a 1,000-point scale) is almost as high as it is for EV veterans (766)—those who have previously owned a BEV."

Just sayin', you know. 🤣 It is ILLEGAL where I live. Possession of a pipe is 3 years. Possession of up to six growing plants is 5 years and a $5,000 fine. Holding less than half an ounce? Possible jail time and $2,500, please. Over half an ounce? Well, that's possession with intent to sell, and up to 6 years and $5,000. Personally, I think its f***ing stupid, but here we are! :D

View attachment 91009
Same in Wisconsin, but it’s really cheap in michigan legally. I found out thru friends that there are grow clubs, just like winemaking clubs. I don’t think anyone really cares if it’s legalized because it’s so available. I quit smoking in my twenties and now I don’t find it enjoyable at all.

I have one (or more), and I like it
5%

That is just so hard to believe....
Go to an EV forum and make the survey, I think the answers will be much different. Hard to judge a meal if you never try it....

Varis, that line in the survey is NOT saying that only 5% of EV owners like them.

It is saying that only 5% of the respondents BOTH have an EV AND like it. Because not many people have EVs, that percentage will necessarily be small.

Latest posts

Back