Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the second lunar eclipse in a row where we had perfectly clear skies for days straight except for the 4 to 6 hours during the actual eclipse. Best laid plans as they say. So instead of a time lapse with maybe 16 images of the moon in different phases I have a composite with 1 that I managed to get during it's red phase.
View attachment 88428

Friends' pix from out West are the only way I get to see it! I woke up at midnight, dragged myself up in bed to look out the window. CLOUDY! Went back to sleep. And to top it off, we didn't even get any of the predicted RAIN! (Yeah, yeah, a first world kinda problem, I know, etc., etc...) 🤣 🤣 🤣

I wonder what the insurance costs on those places.
Not sure, but the river definitely gets pretty close to flooding some years. The living spaces in the building to the left and the cabin to its right are up one floor.

Edited to add I stayed in both of those buildings. The other ones right on the river may also have their living quarters up higher but I have never been in them so I do not know that for sure. I think it would be dumb NOT to have the living quarters up higher when located there.

Last edited:
This is the second lunar eclipse in a row where we had perfectly clear skies for days straight except for the 4 to 6 hours during the actual eclipse. Best laid plans as they say. So instead of a time lapse with maybe 16 images of the moon in different phases I have a composite with 1 that I managed to get during it's red phase.
View attachment 88428
Same thing here in NH. The evening was pretty clear until about 20 minutes before it was to start. That's when the clouds, rain and thunder moved in for the night.

View attachment 88428
Beauty picture, though! I really like all the foreground in the shot. Sets the scene.

I especially like that you managed to get the jeep in there, without it looking like you were trying to get the Jeep in there! 👍

Beauty picture, though! I really like all the foreground in the shot. Sets the scene.

I especially like that you managed to get the jeep in there, without it looking like you were trying to get the Jeep in there! 👍

Oh, Darn, I didn't even catch that jeep, how'd that get in there....
😂
Thanks!

Spent yesterday evening listening to a U.S. strategic defense speech by Navy Admiral Charles “Chas” Richard, who is the 11th commander of the United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM). As commander of USSTRATCOM, he is responsible for one of 11 unified commands under the U.S. Department of Defense and is the senior commander of unified military forces from all five branches of the military assigned to the command. USSTRATCOM is responsible for the global command and control of U.S. strategic forces to meet decisive national security objectives, providing a broad range of strategic capabilities and options for the president and secretary of defense.

IMG_20220517_193113032.jpg

But you guys don't care about that! 🤣 Here is the wine served at the before-dinner mixer, a nice South African juice that I will buy sometime eventually... and a gratuitous picture of the server...

IMG_20220517_172405479.jpg

IMG_20220517_172417994.jpg

Here is what was served at dinner...

IMG_20220517_180518103.jpg

IMG_20220517_180449749.jpg

Not what I had intended for the day. The upside? Mine is not the one on the trailer.

It was about a 5 hour rescue round trip, but I don't wanna know what that tow bill woulda been. 50km in on a lease road, took almost an hour to get back to pavement.
View attachment 88514

You're a good man and a good guy to know, if you'll do that. Looks like a nice ride to me, but i'm a country boy. When the pavement ends, the fun begins. At least the stretch shown seems well maintained.

Spent yesterday evening listening to a U.S. strategic defense speech by Navy Admiral Charles “Chas” Richard, who is the 11th commander of the United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM). As commander of USSTRATCOM, he is responsible for one of 11 unified commands under the U.S. Department of Defense and is the senior commander of unified military forces from all five branches of the military assigned to the command. USSTRATCOM is responsible for the global command and control of U.S. strategic forces to meet decisive national security objectives, providing a broad range of strategic capabilities and options for the president and secretary of defense.

View attachment 88487

But you guys don't care about that! 🤣 Here is the wine served at the before-dinner mixer, a nice South African juice that I will buy sometime eventually... and a gratuitous picture of the server...

View attachment 88488

View attachment 88489

Here is what was served at dinner...

View attachment 88490

View attachment 88491

Ummm, in case someone WAS interested in what he had to say! :D

https://www.uah.edu/news/items/even...-nuclear-capabilities-stratcom-commander-says

You're a good man and a good guy to know, if you'll do that. Looks like a nice ride to me, but i'm a country boy. When the pavement ends, the fun begins. At least the stretch shown seems well maintained.
Oh, I wish it was that selfless. Just the fun of being a business owner. Company truck out on delivery. It would have been my tow bill. 😒

Roads were VERY good for how they can be. There were stretches though. Broke one strap and I was driving slooow, but that was the only casualty!

Mrs WM81 and I were introduced to Wallace and Gromit in the early 90's, and she gifted me a Wallace keychain. However, I use only a plain ring as I tend to destroy anything soft attacked to it. So I hung Wallace from the visor of my car at that time. He's been a passenger in every car I've owned since then. I'm honestly surprised the colors have not faded.

wallace.jpg

Mrs WM81 and I were introduced to Wallace and Gromit in the early 90's, and she gifted me a Wallace keychain. However, I use only a plain ring as I tend to destroy anything soft attacked to it. So I hung Wallace from the visor of my car at that time. He's been a passenger in every car I've owned since then. I'm honestly surprised the colors have not faded.

View attachment 88572

Oh yeah, I forgot all about them! Wow. But this living in the past thing, man, I dunno... 🤣

Latest posts

Back