Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This reminds me of the emails I get with a note attached that says, "Please think before printing this out, to save the environment," or some such. I guess they don't realize that, to save a renewable resource that is in the current carbon cycle from being cut down and replanted, they are using an electronic gadget requiring the 24/7/365 burning of fossil fuels that release carbon sequestered for millions of years into the atmosphere. Marketing – Ya just gotta love it. :D

With great sadness I’m posting these pics, the very last few moments and sips of water before he took his last breath.

Our 4th child went to heaven late last night.

Out of nowhere Coco started presenting a problem late Sunday night with breathing problems, X-ray revealed a white substance or mass in his left lung and vet started treatment for pneumonia with a reserved diagnosis because he wasn’t sure what it was but hoping for the best. Treatment wasn’t working so he recommended to get him into an ER where an ultrasound could be done, so last evening we rushed to another city and waited for hours to hear what we did not want to hear, and a decision had to be made for as much as it hurt.

Coco was not only our pet, but my best friend, my smile, the spirit at home, the happiness, our son..!!

My wife and kids are devastated, speechless and heartbroken 💔

Life needs to continue, but it will never be the same without him. This is hurtful, there’s a big silence in our home and our heart that only time would allow for healing ❤‍🩹

May God bless my boy 😞

View attachment 81941View attachment 81942View attachment 81943View attachment 81944
So sorry for this news, Coco was loved, and had a great life in your home. Our furry, scaled and feathered companions become family. Letting go when they are so ill is the right and very hard thing to do. 😥

This is my garden this morning... It's going to be a long winter!
I know the feeling. At least it's pretty!
Thank you both for making me appreciate North Carolina! [I grew up in Upstate NY and went to college in Potsdam NY, so I know cold and blizzards!]

In counterpoint to the horrors of the last few posts, the following is dawn at North Myrtle Beach, SC, on Saturday.

dawn NMB 1.jpg

The next one is pre-dawn this morning, with heavy cloud cover obscuring the rising sun. When at the beach I tend to get up before 6 and sit on the balcony with coffee and a book. In the winter (or what passes for winter in NMB) I may bundle up, but I'm still out there.

dawn NMB 2.jpg

My son’s girlfriend brought her new puppy for a few days to give us some comfort, this is a 3 month old golden poodle with 30lbs already and eager to play.
I'm not familiar with golden poodles -- is the dog a breed of standard poodle? 30 lbs at 3 months is big, even for a standard.

For those not familiar, standard poodles are big dogs, weighing 70+ lbs and 2' tall at the shoulders.

They are actually called Golden Doodles and are a cross between the two breeds and no they are not a breed of standard or recognized by the AKC. Nevertheless people line up to purchase them and pay crazy amounts of $$$$ for them. I feel like the Golden is just looking back at the camera saying "help me I am trapped in a freaking poodle body"......

I'm not familiar with golden poodles -- is the dog a breed of standard poodle? 30 lbs at 3 months is big, even for a standard.

For those not familiar, standard poodles are big dogs, weighing 70+ lbs and 2' tall at the shoulders.

I assumed a cross of golden Retriever with Standard Poodle, also known as GoldenDoodle. Ears have the Golden look. She looks very similar to my Golden Retriver crossed with Golden Doodle (mom and dad weren't supposed to get together, but did). Yes, fairly good sized dogs, mine is 2 Years old about 70 lbs. Huge paws, all puppy still, probably until about 4 or 5.

Dakota Panda.jpg

@ibglowin & @cmason1957, thanks for the info. Those are pretty dogs; it's no surprise folks want them, although understanding just how big the dogs get may put folks off.

Friends had standard poodles -- even in advanced age the dogs didn't quite understand that they were too big to be lap dogs. It's a surprise the first time a 75 lb dog walks up and plunks herself in your lap. ;)

Latest posts

Back