Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember as a kid in the 70's tromping through a foot of snow on Halloween almost every year. It would snow half dozen times throughout the winter. Now here in SW Kansas we are lucky to get snow at all!

For sure. Talked with my half-sister in north-central Illinois yesterday and she said it was 86. I said WHAT? This late in the year? Not when I was a kid growing up.

About 15 years ago, I found out The University of Ohio had transplanted some Florida palms on campus as a way to assess the creep of growth zones northward. For many years initially, they had to surround them with fence wire and pile up leaves around them to insulate over winters. Not any more. At about the same time, I sent a pecan sapling from my place to a guy in West Virginia, where they were not supposed to be able to survive winters. Last I knew, it was still growing.

Folks talk about winter in the Raleigh area. Having grown up in snow country, there is very little resembling winter here.

Hint, hint, hint ... move away from snow ...

;)
,,i went there when a long time ago, Mayberry, Mt. pilot and Raleigh, but i never found Mr. Campbell nor his riding bull.
Dawg

I live at 7000ft EL.
no big deal ,, i .live at 740 EL a mild walk up and back, where as where you live i'd , b,e gasping just going down, i'd have to hitchhike back up,,
when younger i loved super dangerous things, I took a hole day in CO. climbed way above tree line, light a camel and pretty much rolled all the was down gaging and coughing,
Dawg

Latest posts

Back