Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 3.06.26 PM.png

You're looking at The Brick bar across the street from the KBHR studio in Cicely, Alaska (Roslyn, Washington). I so loved the show back in the day 30 years ago ( :oops: ), so I recently bought the six-season set of "Northern Exposure" and we are rewatching it. Now in Season Three. It is still stellar, even though we now no longer are Joel and Maggie's ages but instead are Holling's. That got me prowling around on the web, and I found a KBHR web radio site. Station was started by NX fans and has been on the air for six years. Eclectic playlist, as you would expect, with live shows a few times a week. Listen here...

https://www.kbhr570.com/

And the top selling hamburger at Mickey D's in these parts is..........

1632525938593.png

👍 I can't remember when, it has been several years since my wife was living out there.... But I do remember the smell and the flavor! And yeah, go into McDonalds in ABQ and you can pick up a tray of hot sauces to go with your Big Mac.

And the top selling hamburger at Mickey D's in these parts is..........

View attachment 79099

Actually, I had a helluva time FINDING a Mickey D's in ABQ! In the South, it's fast food grease burgers on every corner, every street. That's why we are the stroke belt. But man, I had to TRAVEL in ABQ to find one!

The cheap restaurant I miss most in ABQ is The Frontier on Central Avenue. What a place. You can see it all in there!

http://www.frontierrestaurant.com/index.html

What's weird is that I think this is available everywhere right? Its amazing and these are only $2!

Maybe they are. Shows you how often I go to McD's.

Funny factoid: the field where about half of my son's baseball games are has a McD's right behind the 3rd base line - we actually park in their parking lot. In two years, I've never been to that McDs except to use the bathroom once. Behind the first base line is a strip of about 4 shops, one of which is a Peruvian chicken place. It's torture sitting through games and smelling that delicious chicken being grilled over charcoal. He has games at 9 and 11:30 tomorrow - I imagine we'll be having a late lunch of Peruvian chicken tomorrow.

Same here. We have one up in Los but that is a 9 mile drive (one way) and we hardly go up to town anymore. For us its a once in a while stop on a road trip at best. Have to be careful as 45 min after eating anything at Mickey D's I usually need to lay down and take a nap......

I just started a 1 gallon batch of tomato wine the other day. When I was making the salsa, I briefly thought about how that would turn out as a wine. Let us know if you find out!
Checked out the salsa wine at the local store yesterday. The owner opened up the pail and it was pretty clear already with all bulk items on the bottom. It still smelled like salsa. Next time I'll remember to take a picture.

It was much prettier before the fire(s) for the most part. The yellow you see filling in the majority of the left hand side of the frame are baby Aspen trees. They spread by their roots underground so when the fires came through back in May 2000 the Aspen got a quick jump start sending up new growth shoots from the protected roots the following Spring. The much slower fir, spruce, pine take years to come back (from seeds) but they will in time. An aspen forest is a young forest. A pine, spruce and fir forest is an old forest. Aspen need full sunlight to survive while the others can survive in shade.

This is your field biology lesson for today. LOL

That is so beautiful ..

Latest posts

Back