Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a friend excitedly bring over this bottle of wine tonight to share. I looked at it and asked him to describe it to me, how it’s been stored and what’s been happening over its lifetime. That bottle has been to several different states, perhaps an unwilling participant in many moves. And, spent the majority of its life living in garages - 43 winters and 42 summers. Naturally, I didn’t give it any hope of satisfying our palates.

After confirming he wanted me to open the wine, I sunk my cork screw into the deteriorating stopper. It exited the bottle without much more than 1 pound of pressure and was gooey. The contends pouring out of the bottle looked like liquid copper. And, the nose? Best described as difficult - like a sniper assaulting your nostrils.

My friend was disappointed to watch his vintage dumped down the drain. Me, happy to be liberated.

21099280-FA8F-4DE1-A269-3DA7E5E9F2CE.jpeg

Got peppers? (and yes there are two varieties in this pic) Poblano and Jalepeno
You know they cross pollinate and carry certain traits as well? I once grew habanero and jalapeno peppers too close, and the jalapenos were the hottest ever. For me, jalapenos burn on the way out while habaneros burn on the way in, but these didn't turn loose from start to finish. Nouf said.

Actually, giving Poblanos a little extra heat might not be a bad thing! I love hot food, but the H & G words are not spoken of around here!

H&G? I assume that the "H" means "of or originating in Havana" (but in Spanish), but I cannot figure out the "G." (And I may be wrong about the H! :) )

Latest posts

Back