Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My go-to sweet corn guy put out his sign Monday, so Tuesday after work, I slipped on some work boots from my car and went out in full office attire to cut some. This is an annual thing with me. I started back when it was $4 a dozen, now it is $7. So I hand the guy my money and tell him, "As long as you do it, I'll be back picking it. I'm here every year." So he says, "Go on down there and pick. Get you a few more ears." I started out in his peaches & cream and saw he was driving down the drive in his truck, next to the field. "There's some better corn over here," he said and pointed. So there I went. I left with 15 ears for seven bucks. I have never left his place with just a dozen. Great guy.

209537907_10223369130310384_7086116691820705165_n.jpg

209530889_10223369131710419_6676346104104144287_n.jpg

Ahhh, it’s good to be back!! Mrs. JohnD and I came to Sedona over ten years ago and hiked for a week, we were just dating then. Now we’re back with three kids and a boyfriend for a week, just enjoying the view from our VRBO this morning before hitting the town. Unfortunately, due to some extinguished fires and high fire risk, most of the trails in the area are closed, so we can’t take them to the places we wanted to, but we’ll make due. We’ll just soak up some magnetic vortex energy, rub some crystals, and maybe get some palm readings. Got a charter plane to the Grand Canyon tomorrow, gonna do a day up around Flagstaff / Route 66 / Meteor Crater / Volcanic Park area, head over to Jerome one day for a visit and some wine at Caduceus Tasting Room. Yup, we’ll make due!
413C7391-6E09-466E-847A-142C670B6452.jpeg

Ahhh, it’s good to be back!! Mrs. JohnD and I came to Sedona over ten years ago and hiked for a week, we were just dating then. Now we’re back with three kids and a boyfriend for a week, just enjoying the view from our VRBO this morning before hitting the town. Unfortunately, due to some extinguished fires and high fire risk, most of the trails in the area are closed, so we can’t take them to the places we wanted to, but we’ll make due. We’ll just soak up some magnetic vortex energy, rub some crystals, and maybe get some palm readings. Got a charter plane to the Grand Canyon tomorrow, gonna do a day up around Flagstaff / Route 66 / Meteor Crater / Volcanic Park area, head over to Jerome one day for a visit and some wine at Caduceus Tasting Room. Yup, we’ll make due!
View attachment 76107
Nice! What are your favorite hikes?

Nice! What are your favorite hikes?
We really wanted to do Cathedral Rock, Devil’s Bridge, and Vultee Arch. We also really liked Boynton Canyon, which was a really long hike, started in the 50’s, got into snow and sub freezing temps behind the mountain, and back up into the 60’s when we climbed up to the scenic overlook. Nice hike in February.

Alright, good to know a few favorites. My MIL has a place there and we have visited a couple times. So much to explore!
I think I would make the trip just for Elote Cafe!

Shame about the timing, forest closures, smoke and fires. The valley is a mess but up to the canyon and east of flag should be nice. If you’re still here on the 4th cottonwood’s fireworks show is still on and usually an impressive display. Hope your family visit is a fun one.

Latest posts

Back