Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so the trade name PLUS the graphic made this a "Post a Photo" candidate for me... 😄

View attachment 75848

From what I have seen on TV, if your 'tent' stays up for more than four hours, you are supposed to consult your doctor. Wonder what he knows about camping that we don't?

He was mad!!! But so was I. He devoured 3 heads of cabbage!

View attachment 75864

I find a 3 foot fence with electric tape on the top works wonders in keeping these fellows out. Plus they get to learn a new dance step as they climb the fence and reach for that last hand hold.

More than just smoke now.
The latest big fire in Northern AZ is the Rafael Fire at somewhere around 23,000 acres. It's 12 miles directly north from us and spreading NE towards Flagstaff. Still of no immediate concern to us other than smoke but worth keeping an eye on if winds change. Slight chance for rains late today and tomorrow, hope...hope...hope....
Telephoto shot from our deck about 9:00 last night.
View attachment 75837
Wow! I trust you know your weather patterns but that would concern me. Years ago we lived in Woodland CA between Sac and Bay Area. There was a fire coming at us from the north. A 100+ acre field of waste highs grass across the road, a small grove of eucalyptus trees (explosively flammable) at the front of my property 25 yard from the house and barn. We had the trailer hooked up and the horses loaded when the wind shifted and took it away from us.

he will be back and you just made him someone else problem

Let me tell you about raccoons. Less than 2 miles from our property/vineyard is a club called 'Coon Hunters'. They like to run dogs and chase after these masked bandits. One big problem for folks (like us) living this close is that every one in the surrounding area who traps one of these fellows thinks it's a great idea to just drop them off at the entrance to this club. I don't think any one bothered instructing these garbage can bandits on where the property lines were and to not wander off...

Latest posts

Back