Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great price for rib-eye, I assume it is Choice grade but nonetheless good rice.

Since the pandemic, I have been getting prime that has no place else to go. Marbled like crazy. Just had some yesterday. Even when it is choice, I get to pick and choose and it is easy to tell which ones are tender. I have always wanted to just buy one whole and toss it on the smoker. :D

I searched but cannot find what ground hay is used for. I have never heard of it. Can't believe it is used for feed. Seems like that would be like feeding humans nothing but mush with inssuficient fiber.
Hay is essentially grass, which ruminants with their chambered stomachs can digest. It is quite nutritious for them. Carnivores, like us, can not digest it. I worked two summers in high school baling hay, loading the wagons and then going into the barn hay loft and stacking it. The hardest work of my life.
When I got out of high school I became a longshoreman and back then there were certain jobs which were just as physically hard as baling hay but there's something about the heat in the field, since it was always done on warm sunny days, stacking up the wagon as its being towed behind the baler, and the heat and dust in the barn that makes it just a bit harder though IMO.

Hay is essentially grass, which ruminants with their chambered stomachs can digest. It is quite nutritious for them. Carnivores, like us, can not digest it. I worked two summers in high school baling hay, loading the wagons and then going into the barn hay loft and stacking it. The hardest work of my life.
When I got out of high school I became a longshoreman and back then there were certain jobs which were just as physically hard as baling hay but there's something about the heat in the field, since it was always done on warm sunny days, stacking up the wagon as its being towed behind the baler, and the heat and dust in the barn that makes it just a bit harder though IMO.
You never have to "watch your weight" when your baling. No way can you gain any weight after a workout like that.

You never have to "watch your weight" when your baling. No way can you gain any weight after a workout like that.
Unless the farmers wife is feeding you, that woman was a phenomenal cook. I’d leave and be bone tired and stuffed like pig! But your point is well taken, a very very vigorous workout that was.

I searched but cannot find what ground hay is used for. I have never heard of it. Can't believe it is used for feed. Seems like that would be like feeding humans nothing but mush with inssuficient fiber.

Also, I was thinking more about this and GROUND hay is made into alfalfa pellets, beef feed cubes, sheep and goat feeds, horse feed, and other feeds. They are literally hay particles (sometimes with grains or other additives) stuck together with a binding agent and pressed through a die to get the shape.

More than just smoke now.
The latest big fire in Northern AZ is the Rafael Fire at somewhere around 23,000 acres. It's 12 miles directly north from us and spreading NE towards Flagstaff. Still of no immediate concern to us other than smoke but worth keeping an eye on if winds change. Slight chance for rains late today and tomorrow, hope...hope...hope....
Telephoto shot from our deck about 9:00 last night.
RafaelFire.jpg

The latest big fire in Northern AZ is the Rafael Fire at somewhere around 23,000 acres. It's 12 miles directly north from us and spreading NE towards Flagstaff. Still of no immediate concern to us other than smoke but worth keeping an eye on if winds change. Slight chance for rains late today and tomorrow, hope...hope...hope....
View attachment 75837

Beauty and the Beast.

Sad to see Mike. Hoping the winds cooperate and the forecasted cooler temps/rain materialize for you guys. We have walked a few miles in those shoes ourselves.

View attachment 75837

Latest posts

Back