Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend David Whitt getting it done on Sweetpea Farms. This is screenshot from a video that this site won't load (though others will). When the windrow is as high as the tractor, that's a good sign. I wish I had vids of the rotary rake. It could barely handle the volume! Got 51 5x5 bales off of 11 acres. That's 26 tons of hay, or 2.36 tons an acre. Good crop. Tomorrow morning I finish getting it up, and then Saturday I fertilize in time for scattered showers Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Hope some falls here, after I throw my money on the ground. :D

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 3.21.03 PM.png

You keep all that hay for your own use, or do you sell some?

The guy cutting it and I are partners, so he gets half and I keep half. The hay is the real crop, the calves I sell are just a byproduct of that.

The spring hay season is officially done. Here's my fall hay, in granular form. :D Now for some rain! Tropical storm remnants coming.

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 11.41.36 AM.png

I searched but cannot find what ground hay is used for. I have never heard of it. Can't believe it is used for feed. Seems like that would be like feeding humans nothing but mush with inssuficient fiber.

I searched but cannot find what ground hay is used for. I have never heard of it. Can't believe it is used for feed. Seems like that would be like feeding humans nothing but mush with inssuficient fiber.

GROUND hay? The pic of the orange stuff is coated urea fertilizer, a source of nitrogen for my fall crop. We missed out on the Saturday tropical storm rain, but rain is on the way tomorrow – 90 percent chance!

Sometimes I forget how far away from the farm most people live, sorry. I'll try to explain better next time.

I do have ROUND hay, though... that's about 27,000 pounds of it...

IMG_2231.jpg

Insane? Brisket prices in the local supermarkets here are $9.99 and $11.99. And that's for choice, not prime! I dont remember them evet being under $5.

Outside of Costco, that's what we have. Aside from possibly Walmart, I wouldn't buy brisket from anywhere besides Costco. Normally, their Prime brisket is $3.49.

Latest posts

Back